Mobile Recovery Service launched by Verizon

Skull One

Reaction score
chaz.ring, I am asking you to calm down with the remarks. I've been watching the progression of the thread and your remarks are very close to instigating. If you don't like the app or don't feel it's good, fine. Walk away from the thread since it doesn't interest you. There is no need to continue like you are.

Instigating??? no... I gave my honest opinion on a public forum. I didn't know that was breaking any rules.:icon_eek:

I suppose telling someone that they have comprehension problems is not instigating...... pm sent

1) This is not a public forum. It is private. As such they can set any rule they want and enforce it as they see fit.

2) Your ignorance on why this application is useful is actually very astounding. I won't be shocked when you personal life is compromised in some fashion because you didn't realize something you have on your phone can be used for identity theft.

xBBuser

Reaction score
lol.....so basically this app is a freaking joke....waste of time even reading this.

So what you're saying is that reading comprehension is not your strong suite? :r_c:

The GPS is only needed to track the phone. All the other options still work with GPS off. The fact that the phone can be wiped and locked is a big plus.
Wipe it, lock it, then file an insurance claim for lost phone. Maybe that's too complicated for you?...

lol.... Lock? just turn the phone off then back on..viola.
Wipe...lol...I doubt they want to call your mom's anyways.

Complicated.......lol

Or your girlfriends number...
12 year olds do have girlfriends don't they?...

chaz.ring

Reaction score
So what you're saying is that reading comprehension is not your strong suite? :r_c:

The GPS is only needed to track the phone. All the other options still work with GPS off. The fact that the phone can be wiped and locked is a big plus.
Wipe it, lock it, then file an insurance claim for lost phone. Maybe that's too complicated for you?...

lol.... Lock? just turn the phone off then back on..viola.
Wipe...lol...I doubt they want to call your mom's anyways.

Complicated.......lol

Or your girlfriends number...
12 year olds do have girlfriends don't they?...

Im not worried about you getting your daughters number.

warrior21

Reaction score
Can we just close this thread already?

Sent from my Droid

dricacho

Reaction score
BACK TO TOPIC...

Has anyone checked this and got the same result??

I found a major flaw!!

I did a remote phone lock, sure enough it locked the phone. Needs a PIN to unlock. I didn't unlock the phone at this point. I turned the phone off, then on, the phone lock is deactivated! I don't use a screen lock pattern so if this phone was actually lost, its easily accessible just by restarting the phone.

Can anyone try this and report back??

paintball31390

Reaction score
BACK TO TOPIC...

Has anyone checked this and got the same result??

I found a major flaw!!

I did a remote phone lock, sure enough it locked the phone. Needs a PIN to unlock. I didn't unlock the phone at this point. I turned the phone off, then on, the phone lock is deactivated! I don't use a screen lock pattern so if this phone was actually lost, its easily accessible just by restarting the phone.

Can anyone try this and report back??

I just tested this out and when I restarted my phone the phone WAS still locked, so no the phone would not be able to be accessed by doing a restart. The only problem I have with this app is that even though the phone is locked, you can still access the phone's home screens for a period of about 5 seconds by pressing the "home" button, this wouldn't be a problem if there were not widgets for gps that could be accessed and disabled in that amount of time. I tested it out and with the phone locked I pressed the home button, it took me to the home screen where i swiped left to access my power control widget, I simply turned off the gps, it then took me back to the lock screen. I attempted to locate the phone with no luck. So to avoid this from happening you would need to have no gps enable/disable widgets on any of your home screens. It would make this app stronger to NOT be able to access the phones home screens, I don't know why they would set a phone to lock but still have access to some parts of the phone.

NetNathan

Reaction score
I am protected to the max.
I have "Wave Secure" plus "App Lock". Together these 2 pretty much take care of security. app Lock has a lfaw that even makes it better. If you disable App Lock, when you power cycle your phone it is enabled again.
If you want free I think "Mobile Defense" is better than "Wave Secure". I already had "Wave Sceure" beofe ei found out about "Mobile Defense".
I am also testing "MyLookOut" whch is new and looks pretty good.

Sal

Reaction score
I have "Wave Secure" plus "App Lock". Together these 2 pretty much take care of security. app Lock has a lfaw that even makes it better. If you disable App Lock, when you power cycle your phone it is enabled again.
If you want free I think "Mobile Defense" is better than "Wave Secure". I already had "Wave Sceure" beofe ei found out about "Mobile Defense".

I've been meaning to get on this and put a remote lock/erase system on my phone, finally!

Hmmm. But couldn't find either Mobile Defense or MyLookOut in the Market. Also wondering about SMS Erase and Norton mobile Security. Would love to have a POLL about what security everyone is using these days and what the latest best one(s) are now that Droid is soon to have her first birthday.

Moderators? Anyone? What do you think?

NetNathan

Reaction score
C

I've been meaning to get on this and put a remote lock/erase system on my phone, finally!

Hmmm. But couldn't find either Mobile Defense or MyLookOut in the Market. Also wondering about SMS Erase and Norton mobile Security. Would love to have a POLL about what security everyone is using these days and what the latest best one(s) are now that Droid is soon to have her first birthday.

mylookout is in the market......look again. You can also go to mylookout.com.
Mobile Defense is in beta, you can read about at mobiledefense.com.

Sent from NS1Droid using Tapatalk

Sal

Reaction score
C

mylookout is in the market......look again. You can also go to mylookout.com.
Mobile Defense is in beta, you can read about at mobiledefense.com.

Sent from NS1Droid using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I had searched "mylookout" instead of "lookout," which is how it is listed: as "Lookout Mobile Security." Unfortunately, it doesn't have remote lock/wipe on Android yet.