Mobile Recovery Service launched by Verizon

Ack

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon.gif

Starting today Verizon has just launched it’s new Mobile Recovery service for smartphones. The service provides such features as: locate phone using GPS, sound alarms, file a claim, remote lock, and remote wipe. The service is free for TEC (Total Equipment Coverage) subscribers and will work on Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and webOS devices. TEC subscribers can go to www.mymobilerecovery.com to download the mobile recovery application or text “getmr” to 6967 for instructions on how to download the application. Still no word yet on if non-TEC customers can apply for the Mobile Recovery service.

littlerick

Reaction score
just downloaded it but my device isnt recognized (rooted 2.2 droid x) i'm guessing since i have 2.2 it doesnt recognize the phone

GrillMouster

Reaction score
If they really want to make this a compelling product, they'd have it wipe all data and the SD, not just contacts.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or call you and tell you exactly where it's at. Wait a second, that won't work. The phone is gone! :facepalm:

R

RETG

Won't work on my current BB, even though it says it is supported. So, I wonder how it would work on my future droid?
Beside, my next contract will be for one-year, so the asurion extended warranty will not be necessary; therefore, I can't get the app since you need FULL coverage (insurance and ext. warranty).

Godfather

Reaction score
How do you know if you have TEC?? Maybe if you have to ask...you don't have it?

Sal

Reaction score
If they really want to make this a compelling product, they'd have it wipe all data and the SD, not just contacts.

So does anyone know which app in Market now is best for doing a remote wipe at this point? I don't use exchange so the 2.2 wipe capability does not work for me.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
can someone get the apk and post it please...i currently have text messaging blocked =[...

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So does anyone know which app in Market now is best for doing a remote wipe at this point? I don't use exchange so the 2.2 wipe capability does not work for me.

I know WaveSecure does.

Sal

Reaction score

I know WaveSecure does.

Thanks. I'm also under the impression that verizon can remotely wipe your phone if you lose it. Does anyone know if that is true?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
lol only way to find out is to talk to the big guys from mymobilerecovery or verizon...but umm i was wondering if this adds any extra charges on top of the TEC charge from verizon...cuz i was reading some of the terms and read something about charges

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I downloaded from txt. It works. MR uses Bing maps, but it found me spot on

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ok can someon clarify things for me since VERIZON REP couldnt...i called and asked if i had TEC because its listed as a service on my bill...but he said i only had the asurion wireless phone protection...but like i said on my bill its listed as Total Equipment Coverage - Advanced Devices

Droid998

Reaction score
Just set this up on my D2 works great no problems at all. Only thing is if your phone is lost or stolen you need access to a computer to activate all the features.I don't think I'd be chasing a thief trying to get my phone back LOL.I did some tests and the GPS locate is very accurate and the phone lock works great.:)