Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by ebe3692, Dec 15, 2009.

1. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi dcw9m,
    It's unlikely that you will suffer such severe battery drain. We've done extensive tests and optimizations for WaveSecure. Check out this blog post for more information. Do let our support team get back to you and if there is a need, put you in touch with our development team to investigate.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure

2. JP 5.56

JP 5.56 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I read in this thread that there are no longer SMS charges for users in the US, however when logged into the Wavesecure site, I still see a warning about the SMS servers being in Singapore. Do we get the charges or not?

3. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi JP 5.56,
    We switched back to the Singapore server after receiving a lot of feedback about reliability issues. Therefore, we've put up the notice so users will know.

That said, we will be setting up our own SMS gateway in the US in the near future. Testing should begin in about 2 weeks time and we hope to get it up and running in about a month's time.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

4. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the latest version of wavesecure?
    I ask cause when I use to put my moto droid in airplane mode my wavesecure would ask for my PIN in order to unlock the phone. Then when coming out of airplane mode it would do the same thing. No biggie to me.
    But now, it doesn't ask anymore. Did it update and I just didn't know it?
    Thanks in advance.

5. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi J. Dub,
    You can find the latest version of WaveSecure on Android Market. Currently, it's v3.0.0.55. You can check out the change log at bit.ly/3NQ1TQ.

In the last update, we set "Lock on Airplane Mode" setting to off by default to prevent unexpected lock outs from the phone. We received numerous feedback before deciding to do this. If you like to enable that option, press "Menu" and choose "Settings".

We're rolling out an update soon which will include uninstall protection. Meanwhile, check out our interview with This Android Life.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

6. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome, thanks Chewee:icon_ banana:

7. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi J. Dub,
    You're welcome. Do note that we have rolled out WaveSecure UPA (Uninstall Protection Add-on) last week. It aims to provide more protection for users who don't want to mess with rooting their phones putting WaveSecure in ROM.

Used in conjunction with WaveSecure, UPA locks your phone when it detects that WaveSecure is removed. If you uninstall UPA, WaveSecure will lock the phone to secure it, too. The apps look after each others' back. :)

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    https://www.wavesecure.com

8. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ^ Very nice. Thank you for the info.

9. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chewee, I have an idea... What if we combined (somehow) qik app, which is an app that allows live streaming to their website... And wavesecure. So that when our phones are stolen we can activate live streaming to see what our phone sees.

I've played w/ qik and it works flawlessly. As long as you have a tower connection. 2G is laggy but 3g signal is great for live streaming. can't wait for 4g.

10. s-one

s-one Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey chewee, I switched my phone #, have the same mei, same droid and I read on your support site that once the Tracker sees the new number I can change it so wavesecure can continue protecting my phone. But for some reason its not taking notice of the new number. I have unistalled and reinstalled to no avail and looking for assistance on going forward from here.

Thanks much!

11. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi s-one,
    Please contact support@wavesecure.com so they can investigate this issue you are facing.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

12. s-one

s-one Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks! I created a ticket.

Search tags for this page
content

mobile defense vs wavesecure