Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by ebe3692, Dec 15, 2009.

1. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0

Cheewee, yet another person that would love to have this. :) Hope your devs are listening. As stated on previous page. I'd PAY for this service.

2. takeshi

takeshi Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How far off is it? I've had triangulation off by 2100m or more, depending on tower density.

I really don't understand why you (or anyone, for that matter) would assume that a thief would think the way you think. If the thieves that stole my stuff in the past were smart then they wouldn't have smashed my car's window, failed to steal the stereo and ended up stealing used motor oil.

There are plenty of dumb thief stories out there if you bother to look around. You do have a point in that it doesn't take much to remove a battery but every added layer of protection is beneficial. If nothing else, I'd like to have a shot at not handing my data over.

3. s-one

s-one Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your response. I certainly understand the reason for using the phone number. I'm a developer myself. But as I mentioned its the wrong unique identifier due to privacy issues and the average user would not realize this. You can use email addresses, username id's etc.. you folks at WaveSecure will just have to take the steps in restructuring your forms, code and db. Using the users phone number is just wrong.. a big no-no. :) Looking forward to the email address logins.

Kind regards

4. bbeyu

bbeyu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Cheewee

I hv previously posted my problems here, and contacted support as u requested but hear no feedback fm them, pls let me know what I m supposed to do as I couldnt even TEST the app fearing from sending repetetive buddy alert...:/

thx

5. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bbeyu,
    I searched through the support request emails. Did you send a support request as "E"? I quote:-

Our support replied with the following:-

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
    cheewee

6. kellex

kellex Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
  7. dcw9m

dcw9m New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed Wave Secure. Withing two hours, it sucked my battery dry and made the phone very hot. I have uninstalled it and will rely on Mobile Defense. Too bad, because Wave Secure offers so much more protection.

8. jsh1120

jsh1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry, but that makes no sense, whatsoever. If you're going to post such a claim when no one else seems to have experienced it, you at least owe the developer a detailed description of the problem.

9. romeov

romeov Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed, I have it installed and have never once had that problem... my guess is it's something else or a weird conflict with something else.

I actually have both Wave Defense and Mobile secure installed and have never had an issue, or battery loss or performance hit... they seem to play perfectly together.

10. ian5577

ian5577 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    if the msg server is in sg, does that mean sg user of wavesecure need not pay for the msg cost?

11. dcw9m

dcw9m New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wave Secure problem

In fact, I did email wave secure as instructed from their website. The message was as follows:

I downloaded and installed your program. Within a couple of hours, the battery was substantially drained and the phone got very hot to the touch. I had to uninstall the program. Is the short battery life and heat normal? How about the charges for international texting I have read about. If these problems can be solved, I would even pay for your program as it has so much more security than Mobile Defense.

It was sent to 'support@wavesecure.com' yesterday, 3/19. I have not yet had a reply. Hopefully, I will get the reply either by email or on this forum shortly.

12. SCUBA-GUY

SCUBA-GUY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just installed and activated Wavesecure. Backed up all my data and did a location test and it was pretty close for only being able to use cell towers. Nice to have a little additional piece of mind.

Mitch

Search tags for this page
content

mobile defense vs wavesecure

wave app for international texting
wave secure vs mobile defense
wavesecure x