Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by ebe3692, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Desh

Desh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unlock PIN timeout

If my phone is locked, and I guess the PIN incorrectly to unlock, is there a time out b/t tries? If so, what is the duration?

Also, how do I remotely enable GPS in order to find the current location? The website doesn't seem to want to actually track, and just says Last tracked on NEVER.

...and 1 more thing. Are there any advantages in having a Rooted phone?

Thx,
    Desh

2. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Wavesecure,

I noticed the new version of wavesecure is suppose to auto back up your data... But what if we don't want to auto back it up? I'd like to get the latest update in case you all roll another update after this one out for bugs, ect... But I just don't want my data going to some server for gosh knows who to see.
    Any help?

3. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi J. Dub,
    You can choose not to have auto-backup on. You can safely update WaveSecure from Android.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

4. J. Dub

J. Dub Member

Ratings:
    +0
    O cool! Thanks didn't know that. I'll tell the others at work. :icon_ banana:

5. EVILOLIVE

EVILOLIVE Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have a question about WaveSecure - if I lost my Moto Droid, and ended up purchasing a replacement phone that is not a Moto Droid (like a Droid Incredible, or something newer), would I still be able to reinstall my contacts, photos, etc. onto the new phone, or would I need to be another Droid?

6. bhawks

bhawks Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a question about wavesecure. I have been using it for a while and it works great. I have handcent and have the wavesecure texts blacklisted so they dont show up. However when I track, lock, or backup I am still getting the handcent notifications. When I click on the notification the text disappears. Anyway to stop this notification from showing up? Thanks

7. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi EILOLIVE,
    If you have a full subscription, you can restore your mobile data to a different phone. However, it must be a platform/support that WaveSecure supports. Currently, WaveSecure supports Android, BlackBerry, S60 and Windows Mobile. You can check out our web site for a list of support phones.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

8. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi bhawks,
    According to our development team, Android OS doesn't allow apps to intercept text messages. Hence, there is no way we can stop this notification from showing up currently.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

9. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Does Mobiledefense now offer remote wiping and uninstall protection as wavesecure does?

10. tsitalon1

tsitalon1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0

To be more precise, has the above happened yet?

11. Doombot

Doombot New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone experienced trouble with Wavesecure after the 2.1 update? All the functions from the website used to work, including lock, alarm, etc. but now nothing works. I attempt to lock my phone as part of my monthly check, and nothing happens. The website just gets stuck in limbo and my phone remains unlocked.

12. cheewee

cheewee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Doombot,
    After some extensive testing with numerous WaveSecure users, we just switched US users to the US SMS gateway to load test it.

Please tell us which carrier are you on so we can investigate and iron out the minor kinks.

Thanks,
    cheewee
    Team WaveSecure
    www.wavesecure.com

Search tags for this page
content

mobile defense vs wavesecure

wave app for international texting
wave secure vs mobile defense
wavesecure x