Mobile Defense vs Wave Secure

cheewee

Reaction score
I installed Wave Secure. Withing two hours, it sucked my battery dry and made the phone very hot. I have uninstalled it and will rely on Mobile Defense. Too bad, because Wave Secure offers so much more protection.

Hi dcw9m,
It's unlikely that you will suffer such severe battery drain. We've done extensive tests and optimizations for WaveSecure. Check out this blog post for more information. Do let our support team get back to you and if there is a need, put you in touch with our development team to investigate.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I read in this thread that there are no longer SMS charges for users in the US, however when logged into the Wavesecure site, I still see a warning about the SMS servers being in Singapore. Do we get the charges or not?

cheewee

Reaction score
I read in this thread that there are no longer SMS charges for users in the US, however when logged into the Wavesecure site, I still see a warning about the SMS servers being in Singapore. Do we get the charges or not?

Hi JP 5.56,
We switched back to the Singapore server after receiving a lot of feedback about reliability issues. Therefore, we've put up the notice so users will know.

That said, we will be setting up our own SMS gateway in the US in the near future. Testing should begin in about 2 weeks time and we hope to get it up and running in about a month's time.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

J. Dub

Reaction score
What's the latest version of wavesecure?
I ask cause when I use to put my moto droid in airplane mode my wavesecure would ask for my PIN in order to unlock the phone. Then when coming out of airplane mode it would do the same thing. No biggie to me.
But now, it doesn't ask anymore. Did it update and I just didn't know it?
Thanks in advance.

cheewee

Reaction score
I ask cause when I use to put my moto droid in airplane mode my wavesecure would ask for my PIN in order to unlock the phone. Then when coming out of airplane mode it would do the same thing. No biggie to me.
Thanks in advance.

Hi J. Dub,
You can find the latest version of WaveSecure on Android Market. Currently, it's v3.0.0.55. You can check out the change log at bit.ly/3NQ1TQ.

In the last update, we set "Lock on Airplane Mode" setting to off by default to prevent unexpected lock outs from the phone. We received numerous feedback before deciding to do this. If you like to enable that option, press "Menu" and choose "Settings".

We're rolling out an update soon which will include uninstall protection. Meanwhile, check out our interview with This Android Life.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

J. Dub

Reaction score
Thanks in advance.

Hi J. Dub,
You can find the latest version of WaveSecure on Android Market. Currently, it's v3.0.0.55. You can check out the change log at bit.ly/3NQ1TQ.

In the last update, we set "Lock on Airplane Mode" setting to off by default to prevent unexpected lock outs from the phone. We received numerous feedback before deciding to do this. If you like to enable that option, press "Menu" and choose "Settings".

We're rolling out an update soon which will include uninstall protection. Meanwhile, check out our interview with This Android Life.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Awesome, thanks Chewee:icon_ banana:

cheewee

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks Cheewee :icon_ banana:

Hi J. Dub,
You're welcome. Do note that we have rolled out WaveSecure UPA (Uninstall Protection Add-on) last week. It aims to provide more protection for users who don't want to mess with rooting their phones putting WaveSecure in ROM.

Used in conjunction with WaveSecure, UPA locks your phone when it detects that WaveSecure is removed. If you uninstall UPA, WaveSecure will lock the phone to secure it, too. The apps look after each others' back. :)

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
https://www.wavesecure.com

J. Dub

Reaction score
Chewee, I have an idea... What if we combined (somehow) qik app, which is an app that allows live streaming to their website... And wavesecure. So that when our phones are stolen we can activate live streaming to see what our phone sees.

I've played w/ qik and it works flawlessly. As long as you have a tower connection. 2G is laggy but 3g signal is great for live streaming. can't wait for 4g.

s-one

Reaction score
Hey chewee, I switched my phone #, have the same mei, same droid and I read on your support site that once the Tracker sees the new number I can change it so wavesecure can continue protecting my phone. But for some reason its not taking notice of the new number. I have unistalled and reinstalled to no avail and looking for assistance on going forward from here.

Thanks much!

cheewee

Reaction score
Hey chewee, I switched my phone #, have the same mei, same droid and I read on your support site that once the Tracker sees the new number I can change it so wavesecure can continue protecting my phone. But for some reason its not taking notice of the new number. I have unistalled and reinstalled to no avail and looking for assistance on going forward from here.

Thanks much!

Hi s-one,
Please contact [email protected] so they can investigate this issue you are facing.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com

Desh

Reaction score
Unlock PIN timeout

If my phone is locked, and I guess the PIN incorrectly to unlock, is there a time out b/t tries? If so, what is the duration?

Also, how do I remotely enable GPS in order to find the current location? The website doesn't seem to want to actually track, and just says Last tracked on NEVER.

...and 1 more thing. Are there any advantages in having a Rooted phone?

Thx,
Desh

J. Dub

Reaction score
Hi Wavesecure,

I noticed the new version of wavesecure is suppose to auto back up your data... But what if we don't want to auto back it up? I'd like to get the latest update in case you all roll another update after this one out for bugs, ect... But I just don't want my data going to some server for gosh knows who to see.
Any help?

cheewee

Reaction score
Hi Wavesecure,

I noticed the new version of wavesecure is suppose to auto back up your data... But what if we don't want to auto back it up? I'd like to get the latest update in case you all roll another update after this one out for bugs, ect... But I just don't want my data going to some server for gosh knows who to see.
Any help?

Hi J. Dub,
You can choose not to have auto-backup on. You can safely update WaveSecure from Android.

Thanks,
cheewee
Team WaveSecure
www.wavesecure.com