MKV support on Droid.

Big Cam

Reaction score
i'm sure there's a better way. i use mkvmerge to convert mkv to mka files then use quicktime to convert mka files to mp4 format.

dvd catalyst...takes mkv convert to mp4 format (droid option). i've converted many anime mkv files already. the subs and video looks great. i just happen to convert Bleach - Fade to Black...the other day and it superb :icon_ banana:
bingo, what I was going to say.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
even with changing to the first droid preset and then making it 24 frames its still not syncing the audio ill try out mkvmerge.

D

dvdcatalyst

even with changing to the first droid preset and then making it 24 frames its still not syncing the audio ill try out mkvmerge.

Unfortunately not all MKV's are created equal.

I received the names of your files, and will work with them.

MrCapcom

Reaction score
cool thanks I did download a mp4 version of the series hopefully it will work on my droid if not it will work in dvd catalyst

hulmevv

Reaction score
This thread seems to have really gone off track. The orignal question was: "Has anyone heard anything about MKV being supported on Droid via an [COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=#812528 !important][FONT=inherit !important]app[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] or other means?" So the goal of the individuals original posting was to actually play the .mkv natively on his/her device, rather than jump through the bad and time consuming process of recomposing, compressed video content.

In answer to the original question:
Yes, there are several video players for Android which play .MKVs. A simple choice, which also utilizes hardware decoding when the device is capable. (As well as Dual Core support, for software decoding.) is the official DiVX player, called "MX Video Player". Just do a search for it in the official Android Market. ...enjoy

D

dvdcatalyst

This thread seems to have really gone off track.

Welcome to the forums hulmevv,

The thread might have gone off-track a bit if you look at it now, but the first post was actually in december of 2009, about 20 months ago, at which time none of the "market-players" were created yet.

But besides MX, there's also RockPlayer, vPlayer and MoboPlayer that came out since.