Miui update working?!?!?

kylosma

Reaction score
So is there anything different about this new version of MIUI?

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

I don't know if its just me but battery life in this version is 400% better. I took my phone off the charger about an hour ago and its only at 96% (usually would be around 89% with extended battery). Also the boot animatioon changer works now. I'm sure there are a lot more changes but that's what I've noticed so far. Everything also seeems to be a lot more snappier as far as apps opening and everything. Its definitely worth updating. Hope this helps.

on the miui shiz

Are you referring to the 1.8.5 update?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

I don't know if its just me but battery life in this version is 400% better. I took my phone off the charger about an hour ago and its only at 96% (usually would be around 89% with extended battery). Also the boot animatioon changer works now. I'm sure there are a lot more changes but that's what I've noticed so far. Everything also seeems to be a lot more snappier as far as apps opening and everything. Its definitely worth updating. Hope this helps.

on the miui shiz

My battery is doing pretty good on the 1.8.5 update. Better than CM7 and the 1.7.22 version, but not as good as GB roms. No worries though, just bought a 3500 mah battery and charger off eBay. Hehe

MIUI

hond2

Reaction score
I can also confirm 1.8.5 miui4d2 working, downloaded from miui.us
As was not in Rom Manager when I tried.
Will report back with battery stats after a good run.

hond2

Reaction score
Seems to need camera fix, like 1.7.22 did

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

ksalce

Reaction score

Droid 2 MIUI 1.7.22.1

on the miui shiz

Yes. I'm comparing 1.8.5 to 1.7.22 and I must say performance/battery wise, its a huge step forward and worth the upgrade. That's my opinion.

on the miui shiz

plutonium0587

Reaction score
If you guys that are running the update can keep some good stats on battery life I would be very interested. I went back to stock GB because I needed a battery that would last all day. I would love to come back to a CM7 or MIUI rom once the battery life improves. I would appreciate the input!

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
battery is a huge improvement over 1.7.22 and leaps and bounds better then cm7. im sticking with miui, just need a update to the camera, and that stupid text message bug that doesnt put the newest text on the top

Reaction score
Do I need to wipe data and cache to intall over 1.7.22 or can I just wipe cache?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

papp_e

Reaction score
camera still not working, just like the 1.7.22 release. also, the options to remove the verizon wireless in the status bar and wallpaper scrolling options are missing

fishaholic

Reaction score
so to be clear 1.8.5 has NO CAMERA?????

im on 1.7.22.1 and have no real problems.... what id the update supposed to do anyways?

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
so to be clear 1.8.5 has NO CAMERA?????

im on 1.7.22.1 and have no real problems.... what id the update supposed to do anyways?

No idea. Battery life is a lot better, but the camera is definitely not working.