Theme Developer
Reaction score
missing-sign.jpg

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
I'm alive

I'm back, sorry to everyone for not keeping up with the thread. I'll get it back up to date over the next couple days and get a new rollup zip with the latest and greatest themes released soon.

Clever tp4bama, that's a good one:)

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Good to see your back whiskeycoke, we missed you. (no homo)

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
thank you whiskeycoke for your time and making it easy for users to access themes in one thread!

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that the themes that are zipper can just be changed to mtz and you're good to go.

Mtz themes are set up differently than a zip theme. So, unless they changed everything to be mtz format and made it a zip then it won't be the same.

Dr.Soul

Reaction score
Just wanted to point out that the themes that are zipper can just be changed to mtz and you're good to go.

Mtz themes are set up differently than a zip theme. So, unless they changed everything to be mtz format and made it a zip then it won't be the same.

My Mtz theme is set up exactly the same as the zip version only difference is the file extension. And it works just as it should

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really? Hmm. I don't really know much about it. Haven't tried theming one. Just going off what I heard some talking themers talking about but who knows:) Apparently it works either way ha

OP
whiskeycoke

whiskeycoke

Reaction score
Really? Hmm. I don't really know much about it. Haven't tried theming one. Just going off what I heard some talking themers talking about but who knows:) Apparently it works either way ha

It does work either way, zips or mtz's. I should have been more clear that the structure of the theme itself has changed a little bit and I don't know that everyone is following the proper structure for everything to work. If there is anything out there to actually follow that is. I'm sure we'll get there as the themers find all the ways to tweak our phones. It would just be nice if there was an easy way to tell that the theme is set up right.

Does anyone know why some themes show up in the Theme Manager as (old version)? bama must know, his kick-ass Liberty theme shows up right.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Someone told me they would only work so long though. I'm not a themer though so I can't really say much.

tu3218

Reaction score

My Mtz theme is set up exactly the same as the zip version only difference is the file extension. And it works just as it should

hey soul...I love your Metro Black theme, primarily the notification bar...any way I can get it or find it?

ZaChYmO

Reaction score
hey soul...I love your Metro Black theme, primarily the notification bar...any way I can get it or find it?[/QUOTE]

Same here! xD i like ur theme!

ZaChYmO

Reaction score

hey soul...I love your Metro Black theme, primarily the notification bar...any way I can get it or find it?

Same here! xD i like ur theme!

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

It does work either way, zips or mtz's. I should have been more clear that the structure of the theme itself has changed a little bit and I don't know that everyone is following the proper structure for everything to work. If there is anything out there to actually follow that is. I'm sure we'll get there as the themers find all the ways to tweak our phones. It would just be nice if there was an easy way to tell that the theme is set up right.

Does anyone know why some themes show up in the Theme Manager as (old version)? bama must know, his kick-ass Liberty theme shows up right.

"Listen here you beautiful bit@h! I'm bout to f@ck you up with some truth!-KP (sorry one of my favorite lines from east bound and down)
I use to think it had to be in the .mtz format to not show up as old version, but that is not true. To show up as a new version where it doesnt say anything, you have to have all of the folders set up correctly and can't have one thing in the wrong place. If you have something in the wrong place, you will know because it will say old version. Which is nice if your a themer, because then all you have to do is see what is in the wrong place.