missed calls

droidfreak

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the Droid up to show missed calls on the home screen? Currently they do not show as I have to pull down message bar to see them. Thanks for any help.

OP
D

droidfreak

Reaction score
Anyone know what that app might be? I am very novice with this phone and operations of it. Thanks.

c_law23

Reaction score
so its happening more frequently over the last few days. I'm sitting next to my phone where i know I have service and my phone never rings and i just get a missed call... anyone else having this problem?

rjax

Reaction score
A few times. Do you happen to know if there was data transfer going on when you missed the call? That seems to be the case for me, though I can't be sure.

c_law23

Reaction score
nope none. about 4 or 5 times in the past few days. Sitting right next to me on the computer desk.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It happened to me a couple of times before the 2.1 OTA, but hasn't happened since. And no, there was no other acitivity going on. The Droid was right next to me and all of a sudden I got a voicemail notification. You may want to consider a factory reset if it continues. Or think about the apps you've installed recently that may possibly be interfering.

c_law23

Reaction score
I gave it a few days to see how its acting and it's worse. happened 3 times today. Always when my brother calls... which i found odd.

I cant think of what might be interfering. I have downloaded 'missed call', but the problem seems to have started after either handcent or helix. Not sure what to do, I dont want to reload all my apps! lol

Also having a problem with my assigned ringers not always playing and my accelerometer seems to be strange. Phone will be straight up and down but it keeps switching between landscape and portrait.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I gave it a few days to see how its acting and it's worse. happened 3 times today. Always when my brother calls... which i found odd.

I cant think of what might be interfering. I have downloaded 'missed call', but the problem seems to have started after either handcent or helix. Not sure what to do, I dont want to reload all my apps! lol

Also having a problem with my assigned ringers not always playing and my accelerometer seems to be strange. Phone will be straight up and down but it keeps switching between landscape and portrait.

Handcent is know to cause issues in a few applications but I don't recall it interfering with the phone. How about this? Unistalll Handcent (it's free, right?) and reboot the phone. Then either wait a day or two to see if this resolves the problem or have your brother call you. (Personally, I think this is all HIS fault.) :D You can always download Handcent again if this doesn't resolve the issue - and at least you'll know. Let us know what happens...

Grabraham

Reaction score

Double check the ringtone you have assinged to your brother. I had some of my tones default to 'Silent' once

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Double check the ringtone you have assinged to your brother. I had some of my tones default to 'Silent' once

Ooooh! Good thought! I've never heard of that, but hey, anything's possible, right?

c_law23

Reaction score
:) great thoughts guys, but I've already done it all. Got rid of handcent and rebooted... same thing for a day and i like it so much i reinstalled it. I also checked his ringtone and it was correct, i even reassigned it. did the same thing for anyone else who gave me a missed call.

I cant figure it out.

any thoughts on the accelerometer? are yours the same way? I'll have it straight up and down and if i turn it just a smidge maybe 10 degrees it will flip...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have you tried a battery pull (for at least 30 seconds)? Sorry if I missed that and you've already done it...

c_law23

Reaction score
no not for that long. I'll give that a shot today! thanks!

I should uninstall handcent again though and go without it for longer... maybe i really wanted to believe it wasn't that so i could keep using it!