Migrating from Razr to Droid Maxx

ajGoes

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting a new Droid Maxx in a couple of days. It will replace my Droid Razr. Any tips on making the migration as painless as possible? I always dread the process, but it generally turns out less bad than I feared. (-:

Thanks!

Dr. Carpenter

Reaction score
Actually, the migrate app that comes with the MAXX works really well. It will migrate sms/mms, call logs, pictures, and I can't remember what else. If you need app data, root and use titanium backup or something similar.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
A

ajGoes

Reaction score
Hi Dr. C,

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm after. Rather than rooting, I'll probably do what I did the last time: export/import settings for apps that support that, and just set up other apps step by step. It wasn't that bad last time round.

I find it kind of remarkable that Google hasn't provided a smoother migration path, though I can appreciate that migration is much more challenging in the Android world than in the closed Apple world. Still, it's hard to argue with the iPhone's migration process: back up the old phone, recover the new phone & Bob's your uncle!

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Hi Dr. C,

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm after. Rather than rooting, I'll probably do what I did the last time: export/import settings for apps that support that, and just set up other apps step by step. It wasn't that bad last time round.

I find it kind of remarkable that Google hasn't provided a smoother migration path, though I can appreciate that migration is much more challenging in the Android world than in the closed Apple world. Still, it's hard to argue with the iPhone's migration process: back up the old phone, recover the new phone & Bob's your uncle!

That is what the Migrate app does except it does it on it's own adhoc wifi network so the data stays right in your living room not sent to the cloud.

You can actually get a head start by downloading the app to your Razr from Play so it will be on your old phone already.