coming to Maxx from razr maxx hd

Reaction score
I never really messed with the droid maxx what thing should i know before switching to the droid maxx bad or Good

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Droid Forums

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If you want root, get a developer edition or one with 4.2.2 installed.

OP
droidbionicmaster
Reaction score
I just wanna make sure im making a good/right choice i need a lot of memory i know it has no sd card slot. Anyone know a good compression program that will shrink files but not rar or zip them?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
If you need more than 30GB of space, a phone without an sdcard slot is not for you.

OP
droidbionicmaster
Reaction score
Well i deleted a lot of stuff and also i can use google cloud to back up stuff i want but not really needing on my phone

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I would agree with Mustang02. Get the developer edition to future proof your purchase. Simpler rooting will give your Maxx more options further down the line.
As for the lack of expandable storage, I have never really needed much more than the 23(+or-) GB of usable space included.
I did purchase a Patriot Stellar 64 GB flash drive for extended trips overseas. It's a USB to MicroUSB flash drive that can be mounted OTG(On the go) without root.

Newegg stocks them for 45 bucks

Load it up with 60 Gigs of your music and movies and transfer on the fly. I used Nexus Media Importer to enable the OTG drive.
Purchased the Maxx in August and I am still enjoying the phone

OP
droidbionicmaster
Reaction score
I don't really have $500+ to drop on phobe they are sending maxx as a replacement. Phone so i don't have much of an option but i might root my maxx once i get it.
The usb drive is really cool