Transfer from and to Droid Razr Maxx HD

idawg1013

Reaction score
Is there an app/procedure that will bring over all preferences, call logs, sms/mms convos, app data etc when going from one droid razr maxx hd to another?

Motorola Migrate does this ONLY to new Droid family.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only way I'm aware of that would be assured to work would be to root and use Titanium Backup. I see people talking about other non root apps that can do it, like Carbon, but my tests have not concluded that they can do all that data part/ There are individual apps that can do phone contacts/SMS media and other misc items. Including Carbon and MyBacup.

lloydsw

Reaction score
If both phones have root, you could install safestrap (or TWRP if you're unlocked) , back up the data partition to the SD card, stick the card in the new phone, restore the data. Gets everything.

OP
I

idawg1013

Reaction score
blackberry crushes droid in this domain. in 10 minutes, brand new blackberry would be exactly like old one.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
And/but, it's still dying. I think that at some point a dev will come up with an all-in-one Android solution and will make a lot of money doing it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Go to the forum you want to start it in then check upper left of the screen. Post New Thread button.

smokey6074

Reaction score
I don't see the button or know what the button looks like. I wish things were labeled. I don't know what the buttons I can see do.

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Upper left and looks like the button above the Quick reply box, but says + Start a new Thread.