Migrating from a Bionic to RAZR via Titanium Backup

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A couple of quick questions regarding migrating from a Bionic to a RAZR using Titanium Backup:

-When I run the back up on the Bionic that I will transfer onto the RAZR, do I need to unfreeze the apps that I had frozen on the Bionic?

-When I run the restore of the backup file on the new phone (RAZR), should I select "Restore apps + system data" or "Restore Apps with data"

Besides being rooted, my RAZR is stock.

Thanks in advance...

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

A couple of quick questions regarding migrating from a Bionic to a RAZR using Titanium Backup:

-When I run the back up on the Bionic that I will transfer onto the RAZR, do I need to unfreeze the apps that I had frozen on the Bionic?

-When I run the restore of the backup file on the new phone (RAZR), should I select "Restore apps + system data" or "Restore Apps with data"

Besides being rooted, my RAZR is stock.

Thanks in advance...
Couple of questions...what exactly is the backup. Is the backup you're trying to move a backup of apps and other files like video, pictures, documents etc? Or, are you trying to transfer a "system backup"?

OP
L

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Couple of questions...what exactly is the backup. Is the backup you're trying to move a backup of apps and other files like video, pictures, documents etc? Or, are you trying to transfer a "system backup"?

I would to restore the system data on my new phone, but am not sure if I should do that since I'm coming from a different phone. I would also like to restore my apps and their respective data from my old phone as well.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I would to restore the system data on my new phone, but am not sure if I should do that since I'm coming from a different phone. I would also like to restore my apps and their respective data from my old phone as well.
You cannot use a backup (system backup) of your old phone and place it/flash it on your Razr. That will not work and there are a number of reasons why. Don't try that. As far as apps and apps data...to be truthful, I'd just download the apps and get a "clean" start on a new phone.

OP
L

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Well, I would definitely like to bring my apps (not all of them are from the market ) and their data along to my new phone. I've done this before when I went from a Droid 2 Global to the Bionic with Titanium Backup; I just don't recall what option I selected and/or if I unfroze the apps.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I recommend unfreeze the apps and data before you copy the files, then you can copy them over to your Razr. Any that requires root will not work on your unrooted Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

OP
L

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
I recommend unfreeze the apps and data before you copy the files, then you can copy them over to your Razr. Any that requires root will not work on your unrooted Razr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Thanks! My Razr is rooted, so hopefully that situation won't be a problem ...

thejacked1

Reaction score
Do not restore the system data...just the apps/data. This is how I did the same thing and it worked out fine, but I don't have any frozen

raulg

Reaction score
I backed up my apps plus data from the samsung galaxy s on tmobile to the droid razr on verizon and it was not a good idea lol... i had go launcher ex and it was acting crazy. It would not use like half an inch of the screen... the colors would go crazy and the text would freez on the screen...

I had to factory reset the phone and just copy the apps and not the data... it was a pain but it fixed all the issues i was having.

meaker

Reaction score
The only data I back up would be stuff like angry birds data and maybe stuffs like cities your have saved in weather channel app. Etc... I would not try stuff like launchers or anything that wouldn't work well on a phone switch. I would download the apps from the market fresh and only some of the data with ti

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
L

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
Restored using "restore apps + data." However, when running the batch operation, the app would hang up when it was attempting to restore the Dialer (or Contact, I can't remember which) Storage. This happened several times, and afterwards, the phone could receive texts, but could not send them.

I ended up restoring each app and its data one by one (minus the Dialer storage), and everything is fine now.

Thanks, y'all!