Might return mine today :(

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by recdog, Mar 21, 2011.

1. CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    An extra battery and a charging dock should be enough for anyone. It's not made to be used as a PS3.

Got in a full day and it's still at 50%. It's a keeper for me.

2. FlyFishinX2

FlyFishinX2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I know people that get two days out of the Iphone

3. CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but you have to get permission from Steve Jobs. :icon_evil:

4. iNfAMOUS702

iNfAMOUS702 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Unplugged my tbolt at 4:22 am nd now it's 3:55 pm and I'm still at 60% ...those ppl who report terrible battery life must have a helluva lot of widgets nd what not running

5. n0yxl

n0yxl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Thunderbolt has Brett Favre Syndrome.

It keeps waffling over the idea of going to/staying with 3G or 4G. It just can't make up it's damn mind, and it's driving me nuts!

I can't stream ANY audio or video, because the handoffs kill the connection. I am also having sync problems as well.
    I work, and reside in areas that have good CDMA and LTE penetration, and it doesn't seem like a location based issue.

I think that I will also need an external battery back pack for this power sucker as well. Ok, I'm being a bit sarcastic; just bummed out over this situation.
    I want to like this phone, but it's not been going very well in that direction these past few days...

What to do says me....what to do....:unsure:

6. TDevilsG

TDevilsG Member

Ratings:
    +0

1) Auto brightness. 2)I'm running five widgets 3)Turn off "search for wifi networks" 4)Do the "bump charge" method.

I have been running my phone since unplugging at 7:30AM and its at 55% now. That was 11.5 hours ago. My battery life was awful the first three days but has been very impressive today considering. And yes, I have 4G and work right outside New York. I have done a moderate amount of work and surfing on it.

7. TDevilsG

TDevilsG Member

Ratings:
    +0

This phone will never give you a full two day charge. Possibly a day and a half. Its way too powerful and runs on way too demanding a network. People who are comparing it to the Iphone 4, they are neglecting the fact that its 1)3G coverage 2) a much smaller and less clear screen. The TB is extremely fast on all fronts.

#43 TDevilsG, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  8. Z06_Mir

Z06_Mir Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is improving every time I charge it. I was getting 3-4 hours of time with about 1/4 of that on-screen time this weekend. I'm now at 81% battery and it's been unplugged for two hours. I've had all the battery hogging stuff disabled since I got it home though. Maybe some of them just take time to "learn" or whatever. Who knows.

9. lettuce chief

lettuce chief Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol over the weekend my phone had to be charged 3 times to 100% on saturday alone ):

but then last night my friend said his droid X gets hime through the whole day if he turns his phone off at night while it charges. i was like alright ill try it.

well i did and it got me from 7:15 to 5:00 PM. i also did the bump charge method. not bad since i know i can always plug it an, ill be at home most likely anyway. or a charger be available, who doesnt have this kind of charger lol.

sooo, its satiafactory since it got me through.

might get the 1600 mAh battery but can anyone tell me if it makes a noticeable difference? and how much of a difference

10. BSG4893

BSG4893 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just had an iphone for 12 days because I got sick of waiting for the thunderbolt and I needed a new phone but I exchanged for the thunderbolt because Iwanted this phone for months... Let me tell you there isn't really anything you will be happy about if you exchange other than battery life.... The thunderbolt is the same and better in almost every way... The phone just came out its bound to have some glitches... The only thing I like about the I phone better is the music player but I think most people will say the apple music player is better then androids... The screen is brighter on the I phone but screen size is much more important on touch screen and swype texting if you downloaded it makes things so much easier... So far on 3g my thunderbolts internet runs a lot faster and smoother than the iphone did to be honest.... Androids market is growing so fast it will eventually be superior to apples and if you look from a monetary perspective if you keep your thunderbolt you will grandfather in an unlimited 4g plan and save money in the long run... If you want in a few months you can sell it on ebay and buy a different 4g phone at retail.... So in my overall opinion keep your thunderbolt over getting an iphone.... And I'd just like to reiterate this is just my opinion so don't bash please lol...

11. CsonkaBear

CsonkaBear Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No bashing needed. Your results are very close to mine. I have 33% battery life after 14.5 hours. How bad is that.

We should compare battery production dates as I know for a fact mine was shipped last week and not sitting on BB or VZW shelves.

Maybe I have a better/newer battery. My battery has held up way better than what I had anticipated.

12. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I got the 2750 battery ordered with mine, I don't care if it looks a little uglier and has a huge bump in the back, if it gets me through the whole day I will be more than happy.

Please, you guys are scaring me with all this talk about battery...I read on Engadget something about poor 4G and stuff also. I'm getting worried about getting this phone.