Might return mine today :(

BSG4893

Reaction score
I just had an iphone for 12 days because I got sick of waiting for the thunderbolt and I needed a new phone but I exchanged for the thunderbolt because Iwanted this phone for months... Let me tell you there isn't really anything you will be happy about if you exchange other than battery life.... The thunderbolt is the same and better in almost every way... The phone just came out its bound to have some glitches... The only thing I like about the I phone better is the music player but I think most people will say the apple music player is better then androids... The screen is brighter on the I phone but screen size is much more important on touch screen and swype texting if you downloaded it makes things so much easier... So far on 3g my thunderbolts internet runs a lot faster and smoother than the iphone did to be honest.... Androids market is growing so fast it will eventually be superior to apples and if you look from a monetary perspective if you keep your thunderbolt you will grandfather in an unlimited 4g plan and save money in the long run... If you want in a few months you can sell it on ebay and buy a different 4g phone at retail.... So in my overall opinion keep your thunderbolt over getting an iphone.... And I'd just like to reiterate this is just my opinion so don't bash please lol...

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I just had an iphone for 12 days because I got sick of waiting for the thunderbolt and I needed a new phone but I exchanged for the thunderbolt because Iwanted this phone for months... Let me tell you there isn't really anything you will be happy about if you exchange other than battery life.... The thunderbolt is the same and better in almost every way... The phone just came out its bound to have some glitches... The only thing I like about the I phone better is the music player but I think most people will say the apple music player is better then androids... The screen is brighter on the I phone but screen size is much more important on touch screen and swype texting if you downloaded it makes things so much easier... So far on 3g my thunderbolts internet runs a lot faster and smoother than the iphone did to be honest.... Androids market is growing so fast it will eventually be superior to apples and if you look from a monetary perspective if you keep your thunderbolt you will grandfather in an unlimited 4g plan and save money in the long run... If you want in a few months you can sell it on and buy a different 4g phone at retail.... So in my overall opinion keep your thunderbolt over getting an iphone.... And I'd just like to reiterate this is just my opinion so don't bash please lol...

No bashing needed. Your results are very close to mine. I have 33% battery life after 14.5 hours. How bad is that.

We should compare battery production dates as I know for a fact mine was shipped last week and not sitting on BB or VZW shelves.

Maybe I have a better/newer battery. My battery has held up way better than what I had anticipated.

alboboy10

Reaction score
I got the 2750 battery ordered with mine, I don't care if it looks a little uglier and has a huge bump in the back, if it gets me through the whole day I will be more than happy.

Please, you guys are scaring me with all this talk about battery...I read on Engadget something about poor 4G and stuff also. I'm getting worried about getting this phone.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
I got the 2750 battery ordered with mine, I don't care if it looks a little uglier and has a huge bump in the back, if it gets me through the whole day I will be more than happy.

Please, you guys are scaring me with all this talk about battery...I read on Engadget something about poor 4G and stuff also. I'm getting worried about getting this phone.

Run!!! Run away!!! The Thunderbolt is not meant for the faint of heart.

I've been running mine all day and am watching a podcast video as I type. Battery just hit 30% warning. I am trying to drain it but it;s keeping me up late.

What a pleasant problem.....

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Any chance that Verizon or HTC will be replacing the batteries with extended ones? Imagine how many people are complaining to Verizon. I dont think alot of customers are too technical about phones. So if they are used to using the phone with one charge per day and now they have to charge it twice or even 3 times, I would expect Verizon to do something about it. Otherwise they will be getting tons of returns :icon_eek:

funkyb

Reaction score
Fully agree, this is a good phone.

Concerning battery, I unplugged at 6am, now is 5pm, and have been using LTE data all day. Am currently at 50% on the dot.

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android

Update: 15.75 hours in, just over 30% left. Switched from LTE to WiFi about 3 hrs ago, but doing more surfing too.

- Powered by 1.21 Gigawatts of Android

slinky

Reaction score
'Poor' Thunderbolt launch? Where are you getting that label?
I was at a VZ store & asked the salesmen how the sales of these were going compared to the iPhone & he said that they originally recieved 30 opening day & sold out of all of them. Recieved 20 more a couple of days from the sellout & had 2 left, one of which I was purchasing. He said they still have all their iPhones from the launch date.
How that's considered poor is beyond me.
Wow... they sold THIRTY phones in a day? That's a very, very low number for such a huge launch day. VZW was expecting to sell that number of iPhones in an hour, lol.

Per discussion with the people at 2 retail stores and the reports here, they have had significant problems activating the Thunderbolt. They wasted, on average, over an hour per customer trying to activate the 4G SIM card.

The battery life was expected to be so p-poor that they had thousands of extended batteries in stock to upsell to customers. Right now all stores are out of extended batteries. Most stores in New York have no Thunderbolt accessories on display anywhere. You have to ask to see the accessories.

The lack of internal memory showing up and being unaccessible from the PC, only 2.5GB showing up (supposedly a software glitch), things oddly missing or moved in the HTC Sense (like being able to easily move the phone to silent or vibrate mode by hitting the power button)... after weeks of delays it's as if this Verizon Wireless didn't really test or prepare itself too significantly for this launch.

PS - I still didn't receive my email from VZW that the Thunderbolt launched, lol.

funkyb

Reaction score
Well I, for one, welcome my new android overlord.