Might return mine today :(

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Just to be fair my battery had to be charged at 2pm. Not sure why. Yesterday iI still had 50% by 6pm.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Last edited:

UNC

Reaction score
Just to be far my battery had to be charged at 2pm. Not sure why. Yesterday iI still had 50% by 6pm.

Any use at all will require you to charge 2x a day....

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
I don't know how you could go from this brilliant 4.3" screen to the iphones mere 3.5". I would be like, what am I suppose to do on this screen lol

LMAO.... I hold my INC and im like is this for a small child??

the OP is right tho.. the INC has a snappier feel, scrolling wise.. doesnt matter.. ill get the next best thing when it comes out..

i have two more lines on my account that have upgrades :icon_ banana:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Just to be far my battery had to be charged at 2pm. Not sure why. Yesterday iI still had 50% by 6pm.

Any use at all will require you to charge 2x a day....

UNC-
You're right. Your phone sucks. You should return it and get something that will work for you and that you like. Not being sarcastic, just honest. My Thunderbolt is perfect for me. I love and will be keeping it. Different strokes, and no sense arguing about it anymore. What works for one person doesn't work for the next. Yes, better phones will come along. When they are significantly better, I'll jump on one of those. For now, I'm happy with the TB.

BTW, you can get a wheel kit for that Honda generator. Makes carrying it around a bit easier.

xashaffer

Reaction score
Here is an external battery/charger that is great for anyone with a smartphone these days. You charge it once and then you will be able to use it to fully charge your phone four to five times before it needs recharging. Normal price for it is $100 but this place has it for $83.12 with $2 shipping: PhoneSuit Primo Power Core 8200 mAh - Black -TheCellGuru.com I'm ordering one for my TB on Thursday once I get paid lol. In all honestly my battery life has been pretty fair, I just want the external battery for when I go hiking.

P.S. Make sure you look at everything else this thing can charge. It has adapters for everything lol. Wouldn't be surprised if later they come out with a charger for the Motorola Xoom (I plan to get the Wifi shortly after launch).

Last edited:

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here's one that's even more powerful for a little less money.
New Trent iCruiser IMP1000 11000mAh External Battery Pack and Charger

Found it on Amazon for $80. Many options for when you're away from a power source. Personally, I'm getting one of these cool hats and rewiring it for my mini-USB.:icon_ banana:

TinGodz

Reaction score
Turning off all of those things is limiting... Its an extra step that limits my phones ability that I shouldn't have to do. I can run my iPhone literally all day without disabling a bunch of things. I need to charge the TB 2 times daily for the same amount of use. I have already done everything needed for the battery to calibrate. I'm a long tenured Android user, all the way back to the Dream, and the battery life has never been good, but this is ridiculous. My D1 last far longer with heavy heavy usage, and that's with a 14 month old battery!!!!!

Turning off those options is not limiting it, it's called using common sense. Why am I going to run GPS when I don't need it? Why am I going to leave Bluetooth running when I don't need it? This adds another vulnerability to your phone anyway, allowing someone with the know-how to hack your phone via BT. It's not like toggling these options takes me longer than 10 seconds or forces me to go through a bunch of menus. I merely flick the screen, press a button, and voila -- instant toggle. Again, this is obviously not limiting the phone because if I need to use GPS, BT, etc., then I merely toggle it on and presto -- instant toggle.

If you want to leave battery-draining options running that would kill any battery, then so be it. You're going to be charging two times a day. This is not a battery issue, this is a user issue.

If you are smart with your smartphone, it's going to last. Simple as that.

On a related note, I bump charged my phone this morning while getting ready for work. I walked out the door with a full bump charge. I lightly used my phone throughout the day due to work. I spoke on the phone, sent some texts, used 3G a few times, etc. About 4 hours ago, I started using it a little more heavier for texting, talking, and wifi. Attached are some pics I just took with my Droid within the last 10 minutes.

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with tingodz, leaving those things on are unnecessary and how can you expect to have good battery life when all of those are proven to drain battery on ANY smartphone or phone for that matter. I pay attention to the situation I'm in, if I know I can go home after work, I'll play with my phone more, leave 4G on and such . But if I know im gonna be away from a charger for awhile, I don't tinker with my phone as much.

I want to bump chargerbut I have a case on my TB, just to clarify since I actually havent bothered looking up on it much. Bump charging is just charging till led is green, take battery out, turn on and charge back up till its green again? I continue to here positive things from it.

slinky

Reaction score
That's not a lot of usage to have the phone drained to 61% in only 7 or so hours.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Just to be fair my battery had to be charged at 2pm. Not sure why. Yesterday iI still had 50% by 6pm.

Turning off all of those things is limiting... Its an extra step that limits my phones ability that I shouldn't have to do. I can run my iPhone literally all day without disabling a bunch of things. I need to charge the TB 2 times daily for the same amount of use. I have already done everything needed for the battery to calibrate. I'm a long tenured Android user, all the way back to the Dream, and the battery life has never been good, but this is ridiculous. My D1 last far longer with heavy heavy usage, and that's with a 14 month old battery!!!!!

Turning off those options is not limiting it, it's called using common sense. Why am I going to run GPS when I don't need it? Why am I going to leave Bluetooth running when I don't need it? This adds another vulnerability to your phone anyway, allowing someone with the know-how to hack your phone via BT. It's not like toggling these options takes me longer than 10 seconds or forces me to go through a bunch of menus. I merely flick the screen, press a button, and voila -- instant toggle. Again, this is obviously not limiting the phone because if I need to use GPS, BT, etc., then I merely toggle it on and presto -- instant toggle.

If you want to leave battery-draining options running that would kill any battery, then so be it. You're going to be charging two times a day. This is not a battery issue, this is a user issue.

If you are smart with your smartphone, it's going to last. Simple as that.

On a related note, I bump charged my phone this morning while getting ready for work. I walked out the door with a full bump charge. I lightly used my phone throughout the day due to work. I spoke on the phone, sent some texts, used 3G a few times, etc. About 4 hours ago, I started using it a little more heavier for texting, talking, and wifi. Attached are some pics I just took with my Droid within the last 10 minutes.

Thanks to TinGodz I DID figure it out. I was sent on assignment at work today and turned on the GPS. I forgot to turn it off. It IS a drain. If you don't need it, toggle it off.

Whew, I was thinking bad thoughts. I will post again tomorrow and honestly tell you guys if that is the reason my battery drained quicker than yesterday.

If we don't help each other honestly there is no point to this forum.

want a droid

Reaction score
You can leave gps toggled on...

It isn't used unless you have an app open that requires it...

TinGodz

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with tingodz, leaving those things on are unnecessary and how can you expect to have good battery life when all of those are proven to drain battery on ANY smartphone or phone for that matter. I pay attention to the situation I'm in, if I know I can go home after work, I'll play with my phone more, leave 4G on and such . But if I know im gonna be away from a charger for awhile, I don't tinker with my phone as much.

I want to bump chargerbut I have a case on my TB, just to clarify since I actually havent bothered looking up on it much. Bump charging is just charging till led is green, take battery out, turn on and charge back up till its green again? I continue to here positive things from it.

Bump charging is charging the phone while it's on until green. Unplug, turn off, charge until green again. I stop here, but I have seen others suggest next to turn the phone on, then off, and charge until green again.

That's not a lot of usage to have the phone drained to 61% in only 7 or so hours.

Perhaps you should look at the attachments again. Nowhere does it say 7 hours. Are you crazy or just blatantly lying? You Bolt haters are insane. LOOK AT THE PHOTO. IT CLEARLY SAYS 13 HRS. 13 hrs of light and medium usage throughout the day/afternoon and it's only drained 40%? So my phone can last more than a whole day on a single charge with light-med use. I feel confident I can easily get 8-12 hrs of heavy use. This'll be my next test.

Look, if you don't like the Bolt, it's cool. Throw it away, stomp on it, give it to me, eat it, I don't care. Just stop saying the battery life is horrible when you're running it like a slave horse all day long. That is typical of everything.