Might return mine today :(

mthorn79

Reaction score
This might sway you a bit...I got an HTC Inspire (I know its not an iPhone but here me out)...this phone was supposed to be '4G' (HSPA+)...fastest speeds I got were 2.85Down/1.5Up plus if you stream alot of music on Pandora or stream movies, surf alot & use a bunch of data your tiered plan will be eaten up quickly as AT&T have nixed their unlimited data packages (one of my main reasons for switching back to VZ) I streamed Pandora for the 1st week & already had hit 600Mb of my 2Gb plan!!

So got the T-bolt with my unlimited plan & ran a speedtest & results are below. If this doesn't sway you I don't know what will...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep the Thunderbolt. Then in September see if you're interested in an iPhone 5.

rajuabju

Reaction score
If you're in a 4G area like me, TB. If you're not, and suffer with Verizon's slow 3G, fine i can see an argument for another phone.

I'll never go back to 3G again. I've been able to download 10MB email attachments from our exchange server in SECONDS. I love 4G.

slinky

Reaction score
Neither phone is worth buying unless you have a serious discount for a one year deal.

- The iPhone isn't worth buying unless you have a mac, don't use Microsoft Word Excel and Powerpoint for work, don't really care about the ease of drag and drop for documents and media files, don't mind converting everything to the iPhone format and losing any backup should your desktop version become corrupted, and don't mind paying for numerous proprietary accessories and access for items to be determined such as the new publishing model will affect current apps. I had one once. It was an eye opener. Works for people who really want/need a very simple existence.

- The Thunderbolt is a major work in progress with a terrible battery. Verizon stores here locally have told me that they are pushing the extended battery to all Thunderbolt users because of how paltry the tiny 1400mAh one is (smaller than the EVO.) Unless you plan on waiting a while until all the other problems of this phone are fixed (the Internal memory problem) and that includes optimizing the battery so you get fair battery life from the standard battery, at best.

My advice - keep it together. Wait 2 months for the Motorola Bionic to come out. As much as I love HTC Sense and think that they do many things well, they really wrote their own marketing death with the Thunderbolt and making a smaller battery than the EVO. Perhaps it was Verizon Wireless' idea. Whomever it was, you don't have to deal with these issues if you're patient. I got mine because of a sparkling great deal on a 1 year plan and the question of tiered 4G pricing.

My guess - after the poor Thunderbolt launch, 4G prices will stay stagnant for the launch of the next 4G phone. They need to in order to restore some type of confidence in the next 4G phone.

OP
R

recdog

Reaction score
If you're in a 4G area like me, TB. If you're not, and suffer with Verizon's slow 3G, fine i can see an argument for another phone.

I'll never go back to 3G again. I've been able to download 10MB email attachments from our exchange server in SECONDS. I love 4G.

Yea i have 4g im in NYC

mthorn79

Reaction score
My guess - after the poor Thunderbolt launch, 4G prices will stay stagnant for the launch of the next 4G phone. They need to in order to restore some type of confidence in the next 4G phone.

'Poor' Thunderbolt launch? Where are you getting that label?

I was at a VZ store & asked the salesmen how the sales of these were going compared to the iPhone & he said that they originally recieved 30 opening day & sold out of all of them. Recieved 20 more a couple of days from the sellout & had 2 left, one of which I was purchasing. He said they still have all their iPhones from the launch date.

How that's considered poor is beyond me.

CsonkaBear

Reaction score
Big Mac is right. The initial drop on the battery makes it feel like you need to rush for the charger. Today is the first full day at work with it and it is doing fine.

There were times when my Moto Droid would run out of gas by the end of the day. I've used the TB a lot all day. It's been off the charger since 7:30am. It is now 5:07 pm and I have exactly 50% left.

This phone blows an i-Phone away. I would wait another week at the very least. i-Tunes and the locked down mess that is Apple are far to restrictive.

Android forever.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
How are you guys getting these battery times!?

I took mine off the charge at 7am, by 11am the phone was dead.

I love the TB, so I may just have a bad unit or battery.

THe iPhone is a great phone, and there is not another phone out there that can match its build quality. With that said, there are just too many things that my Android devices do that the iPhone does not.

sportadic22

Reaction score
ya today.. i took it off at 9:30am... by 11:30am it was down to 57percent :( idk what to do

F

FlyFishinX2

ya today.. i took it off at 9:30am... by 11:30am it was down to 57percent :( idk what to do

maybe you should go read that battery thread , it helped me greatly (although I'm still going to buy a bigger battery)

lockman

Reaction score
How many widgets are you running? Right now I'm running 7. What's your screen brightness? Mine's at about 20%. I got 8.5 hrs before I plugged in with moderate use, all in 4G area. Still had 35%.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

Sara77

Reaction score
I got discouraged by the drop in level of my battery but this phone has lasted me a whole day, longer than my Droid x! For all of the hype about the battery bot being good, I sure am impressed! :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

funkyb

Reaction score
Fully agree, this is a good phone.

Concerning battery, I unplugged at 6am, now is 5pm, and have been using LTE data all day. Am currently at 50% on the dot.