Metamorph hates my Droid...????

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Couple things....

First, I would like to replace my battery icon(s) for my Droid. I have done some looking and I really like the segmented battery icons in blue. The ones that have 5 or so segments in a circular pattern that go around the battery percentage. Does anyone have or has seen something like it, and if so, could you point me to the link or post it here?

Secondly, I've tried Metamorph twice before and I don't know if I do something wrong or it doesn't mesh well with my phone. The first time (a while ago) I change a couple icons or something. It change a small handful and then rebooted and wouldn't let me do anymore. The second time was a couple months ago, I was trying to change the battery icons to something else and when I started it, my phone just rebooted and got into a boot loop. Yes, I made a backup prior, restored the backup, and back to good. Any suggestions?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Current ROM and theme would be helpful information as to whether Metamorph is having issues with the particular theme.... also where did you get the files to use MM on?

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
I'm using UD 1 with the smoked X theme.

Got the files off some other android forum.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It's the SmokedX theme.... for whatever reason some themers are changing the framework-res.apk drawable folders by adding -v4 at the end of the names (My understanding is that this is due to how they are using APK Manager??...I could be wrong but that's what I've been told by kookahdoo... although this doesn't happen to me when I occasionally use APK Manager)

So Metamorph unpacks the framework-res.apk, overwrites the PNGs or files specified by the MetaMorph XML, and repacks the framework-res.apk...but without the -v4, which leads to either bootloops or continuos FC's even if it does reboot.

So either you would need to install what you want via update.zip, change themes to one that doesn't alter the path structure of the framework-res.apk, or make the changes yourself in the themes actual framework-res and repack it and reinstall...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also make sure you have debugging and unknown sources turned on :wink:

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
OK, Mbk found that the theme I'm using has the -v4 on the framework. That being said, is there anyone out there that has the segmented battery icon in 10% increments that can make it an update.zip instead of a metamorph?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK, Mbk found that the theme I'm using has the -v4 on the framework. That being said, is there anyone out there that has the segmented battery icon in 10% increments that can make it an update.zip instead of a metamorph?
Not sure exactly what segmented battery icons you're referring to, there's a few out there, but you find them and I can easily put it into an update.zip for you... I'll try to look for what you're referring to as well...;)

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score
Not sure exactly what segmented battery icons you're referring to, there's a few out there, but you find them and I can easily put it into an update.zip for you... I'll try to look for what you're referring to as well...;)

Mbk, I posted to the link of what I'm talking about. Only problem is that icon only goes in 20% increments.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/27169-round-battery-icon.html

You are kind of my personal themer today huh?!?!?!?!? Much appreciated!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Mbk, I posted to the link of what I'm talking about. Only problem is that icon only goes in 20% increments.

LOL... which color were you referring to?.. and I'm pretty sure there was a thread with these icons in 10% increments, if you look I'm sure you'll find that thread...;)

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score

LOL... which color were you referring to?.. and I'm pretty sure there was a thread with these icons in 10% increments, if you look I'm sure you'll find that thread...;)

I'm referring to the Blue one. And I did a search for the ones with 10% battery but I didn't find anything.

OP
S

schmaltzy

Reaction score

Alright, I found another one that is similar but fits the bill.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/76468-another-round-battery-indicator-metamorph.html

Only thing is, someone commented that it is hard to see if you have a black bar....is there anyway you could change that? If not, no biggie.

Could you make it into a flashable zip?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes & yes...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Alright, I found another one that is similar but fits the bill.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/76468-another-round-battery-indicator-metamorph.html

Only thing is, someone commented that it is hard to see if you have a black bar....is there anyway you could change that? If not, no biggie.

Could you make it into a flashable zip?

The images are hard to brighten without brightening the entire circle... I'll check back with you later about different images...

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I found pimp lookin ones... tons more different ones too...;) ..and can easily change the colors to any other...cool...

segmented-green1.png