Battery Display

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by schmaltzy, Nov 30, 2010.

1. schmaltzy

schmaltzy New Member

Loving the 2.3.0 build. The only thing I don't like is the battery display. I like having a percentage shown on mine but it's hard to see against the segmented horizontal display. I have tried different colors but it is still pretty hard to make out.

Long story short, metamorph doesn't work with my phone. I have tried it numerous times with numerous ROMs, so I need something that is flashable.

How can I change it? Is that anything made with this version of UD that I can flash right over?

I really like these:

[THEME] [MOD] [11/27] SuperCircleBatteryMod-MIUI 11.26/CM6.1/Enomther 2.14 - xda-developers

And I see they are made for CM 6.1 RC2, but if I flash one of those with UD 2.3 would it work? I'm guessing no. What can I do?
  2. neoj2

neoj2 New Member

nice find. i am also wondering if someone can make this work for UD. im a big fan of the round batt icons, just kind of forgot about them as the ones you posted are nice. i like the Versions one but i wonder if UD can display increments of 1 as i only see increments of 10.
  3. schmaltzy

schmaltzy New Member

From what I understand (which isn't much some days) is that it's all based on your kernal. When I have MIUI loaded onto my phone, I only got the 10% incriments. I am fine with the 10% though...it's better than 20%!!
  4. f100cleveland

f100cleveland New Member

I really liked the red battery that was in the nighly builds. I wish I could have that one on the 2.3.
  5. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy New Member

yeah, the new batt icon blows. i installed and made a nandroid and ill be waiting for the galaxy theme to get ported until i use 2.3
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  6. chuckoneil

chuckoneil New Member

Hey guys so do I..

I was looking at the main thread on 2.3 and saw someone talk about a thin green bar as an option. I still have not been able to find it..

ANYONE THAT KNOWS PLEASE TELL
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

You can easily add the red battery icons to 2.3 - if you like I can make an update.zip that contains the framework-res.apk with the red icons instead of the white ones

I would also like to know about this "thin green bar" -
  8. pierced_droid

pierced_droid New Member

9. smtom

smtom New Member

Liquid Battery on 2.3?

I read on the UD site itself where this fellow (wes342) said his liquid batteries worked w/ an earlier version of UD - it was either 1.0 or 2.0.

I've not tried them, always wanted to; yet I don't mind the battery in UD 2.3.. Agree, I prefer the red one from the nightlies....

Regardless, I think he also has a thread here on df, but I know his stuff is here too:
    [Themes] Battery icons (inc)(update) fixed liquid battery charge animation - xda-developers

If anyone flashes wes342's liquid battery on their device and it works, will you let us know?

Edit/Update: I sent wes342 a PM over on XDA asking whether his liquid batteries would work on 2.3 - I'll pass along what he says. He does some other way cool stuff for the Incredible too...

Update #2 - wes342 responded to my pm on xda, he said he'd take a look. Incredible is my interest, obviously, but I added a link to this thread and mentioned the moto's here as well - perhaps he'll take a look.
    fwiw - I tried flashing some other battery icons I had from other ROM's - bootloped. True, they were Sense-based ROMs, but I did try, thought I'd let folk know those don't work w/ UD 2.3

Update #3 - wes342 was kind enough to make a version of his Liquid Battery for my Incredible on UD2.3. He mentioned that he was open to requests from the Moto folks in this thread.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  10. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Any battery icons will work - you just have to add the .png's to the framework-res.apk with MM - Ninja Morph - or update.zip
  11. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Motorola phones only support 10% increments and 5% under 20%.

All other phones seem to support 1%.
  12. smtom

smtom New Member

wes342

wes342 over on XDA made a version of his Liquid Battery that works like a champ on my Incredible running UD 2.3. It looks, well, Incredible!! I sent a donation for his fine work.

He mentioned that he was open to making versions of his Liquid Battery for the Moto users on this thread.

Enjoy/
  13. grinchy

grinchy New Member

really like the liquid battery look :)
  14. smtom

smtom New Member

Grinchy, you Seasonally-appropriate thing... - perhaps you should ping wes and ask him to make you one! That's what he did for me, and he said to let folk know he'd entertain making them for Moto's.

Kind regards,
  15. Zomb!e

Zomb!e New Member

Did you flash the zip from his thread at XDA? I tried a few times and kept getting boot loops.

Also running UD2.3 on Incredible.
  16. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

I need an update.zip as well I tried meta 20 times this morning and it just never worked

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  17. smtom

smtom New Member

For my incredible, he sent me a PM w/ a medifire d/l link - here's the file - cannot say what/how it will work on a Moto

Zombie - this should work fine on your DInc - 10% increments, so everyone knows. He said he'd work on more increments. When I get that, I'll be sure to share that as well!

Enjoy
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  18. bigjonmoo73

bigjonmoo73 New Member

The liquid battery counting down each % is pretty sweet. I'd like to have one of those. Maybe one day...
  19. turtle12

turtle12 New Member

The zip file worked on my Droid. I just had to use UD's battery % with a dark color. Thanks

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  20. Zomb!e

Zomb!e New Member

Thanks for the share smtom. That zip worked great on my INC.

Sent from my INC using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page

android 2.3 show battery percentage

display battery percentage on 2.3