Membership status levels

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey @AvaMichele , when your post popped up on my phone (ah, er...watch), I saw a blurred face of a woman standing and smiling, yet your avatar and profile shows no pic. Any idea how this mystery woman showed up on my watch? Wish I had captured the screen on the watch.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
That's odd. I have my chihuahua, Frank as my avatar. I had my grandson in the New Year's photo booth (with hat and eye mask) before that.

✋ Sent from my Droid Turbo with Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hey @AvaMichele , when your post popped up on my phone (ah, er...watch), I saw a blurred face of a woman standing and smiling, yet your avatar and profile shows no pic. Any idea how this mystery woman showed up on my watch? Wish I had captured the screen on the watch.
I think it started happening with one of the recent Tapatalk updates. When I get a Tapatalk notification it displays that users old avatar. But when I select the notification to open the app their current avatar is displayed. Kind of strange.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Here you go @FoxKat. Just got this Tapatalk notification on my phone. Notice your old avatar. Then when I open the app, your avatar is the current one. This has been happening for a few weeks now.
f8c5955baa057bf2045a8956b1385d30.jpg
7c15260311d383b10df46d0ac770436d.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Have you tried clearing your TT cache, signing out and signing back in? That should fix you up. I had a similar problem late last year and that was how I resolved it.
That said, I'm not a fan of the recent TT update, so I returned to version 4.9.4 last month.....it's been running great ever since.

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Have you tried clearing your TT cache, signing out and signing back in? That should fix you up. I had a similar problem late last year and that was how I resolved it.
That said, I'm not a fan of the recent TT update, so I returned to version 4.9.4 last month.....it's been running great ever since.

S5 tap'n
Doesn't bother me enough to go through all of that.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

S5 tap'n
Just tried and that didn't fix it. It doesn't bother me much...just figured I would give the suggestion a try. The folks at TT have been cranking out updates pretty quick...so maybe the next update will address this? What's also strange is that the old avatar does not appear in the notification (and Feed section) for everyone, only some members.

luddite

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S6 Edge Plus, S8, S8+
What is the purpose of trophy points????

Does it mean that the more trophy points the more privileges you have ???

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
What is the purpose of trophy points????

Does it mean that the more trophy points the more privileges you have ???

I wouldn't say that. I think they just show how active/supportive/helpful you are on DF. I'm not sure, I've been lurking for a while since all the changes took place.

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
I have been a lurker, as well. I've always been afraid of being seen as being a techno illiterate.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I have been a lurker, as well. I've always been afraid of being seen as being a techno illiterate.

Lol, yeah. I currently have a LG G3 rooted and ROMd but besides that I've stepped back from the forums. I don't want to be responsible for helping someone brick their phones lol. But I do miss the people here, like @FoxKat !!!!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I wouldn't say that. I think they just show how active/supportive/helpful you are on DF. I'm not sure, I've been lurking for a while since all the changes took place.

@cobravnm13 , you are absolutely right. The intention is to give the members a way to feel good about what they do here in supporting others, and also to give members asking questions a sense of where their best possible advice may come from (as well as a way to thank and propery recognize contributions). It's really nothing more than a popularity gauge if you will, and also indication of tenure and accomplishment.

Also, no more lurking for you! You've been missed around here and I for one am voicing my frustration with the lack of your presence... ;)

Don't be a stranger.:D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

@AvaMichele , I don't think that really anyone who comes here on the forum should ever be classified as techno-illiterate, and certainly not you (who now I might add, wears a smart watch). It takes a certain amount of technology literacy to even own an Android phone and use it. Then there's the literacy needed to participate in the forum via a computer and internet. And finally there is the level of knowledge that you bring to the forum, as well as what you take away that add to your being viewed as a technogeek (a fond complement around these parts).

AvaMichele

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
@AvaMichele , I don't think that really anyone who comes here on the forum should ever be classified as techno-illiterate, and certainly not you. It takes a certain amount of technology literacy to even own an Android phone and use it. Then there's the literacy needed to participate in the forum via a computer and internet. And finally there is the level of knowledge that you bring to the forum, as well as what you take away that add to your being viewed as a technogeek (a fond complement around these parts).
FoxKat, you are very sweet. Thank you.