Meet The Droid RAZR Maxx

busab

Reaction score
3300mah battery? That's a lot of juice. Its irritating that they come out with this stuff so close together but that's business.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Girly! Jk

Its probably one heavy SOB. That and the RAZR's uncomfortable design will make it even easier to drop

X

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Larger battery, understandable. Purple? (Has there ever been a purple phone before?) What's next, pink, green, yellow, red....?

The HTC Rhyme is plum. Which I guess is a shade of purple.

And the OG Razr has been all those colors before lol.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Call me a girly girl but I think a purple phone could be kind of fun. Depends on how purple it really is.
I know plenty of girls who love purple and I'm pretty sure thats the demographic they are trying to hit with it.

Heck I'd love to own a Classic Dodge Challenger in Plum Krazy aka Purple :)

images

debdroid1a

Reaction score
16GB Purple version of the Droid RAZR that will run a skinny $199.99 on contract.
32 GB of total memory and will be $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.

Sounds like they're going the Nexus route with no expandable storage. I don't like that. Even though I never take out my card, I like the idea that I can.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they're going the Nexus route with no expandable storage. I don't like that. Even though I never take out my card, I like the idea that I can.

you mean the iphone route with no expandable storage...please tell me the manufacturers arent turning android phones into iphone imitations...what next? are they going to eliminate the app drawer and put all the apps on the homescreen like iphone?

rherron

Reaction score
The current RAZR is 7.1mm while the RAZR MAXX is 8.99mm. Let me do some quick math here...the new one is 1.89mm thicker. Is that purely because of the battery? I guess so.

Instead of allowing the battery to be removed and letting people buy an extended battery & cover they've decided to go this route. I'm guessing that a whole lot of current RAZR owners won't be too happy about this.

I still like my RAZR just fine. I never expected it would be "the best" cell phone forever (if one could say it ever was). The pace of technology today is such that the next best thing is never very far away -- months, maybe weeks. It used to be a lot longer than that -- years, whether with phones or computers or TVs or whatever. That's not the world we live in any more.

Two years from now I will buy "the best" (i.e. the one I like the best) phone that's out at that time, and a few weeks later it will be eclipsed by something else. Anyone doubt that? :)

morcguy

Reaction score
Last edited:

WyldRyce

Reaction score
you mean the iphone route with no expandable storage...please tell me the manufacturers arent turning android phones into iphone imitations...what next? are they going to eliminate the app drawer and put all the apps on the homescreen like iphone?

Um. You're running MIUI aren't you? What's so wrong with having all apps on the home screen?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Um. You're running MIUI aren't you? What's so wrong with having all apps on the home screen?

yeah lol, i dont mind but it should be a choice, not forced upon everyone like sense, moto(not)blur, or touchwiz...thats what i meant lol

Reaction score
Its the razr with a better battery and 16 gb more memory nothing to special at all in my opinion

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

revelated

Reaction score
I know plenty of girls who love purple and I'm pretty sure thats the demographic they are trying to hit with it.

If they're trying to get girls to buy the thing they've already failed.

<Begin Innuendo>
I'm not sure if Moto noticed, but I mean my god, the thing is WAYYYYYY too huge for girls to wrap their hands around and hold for extended periods.
<End Innuendo>

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
I don't agree on the size being too big for girls... I know many that have gone from the incredible, iphone 4, droid2, etc to larger 4+ inch screens and say they will never go back. My girlfriend has a TB my Daughter the DX both want abigger screen, they are waiting on the white GN right now... So size isn't an issue with many girls that I know at least as far as phones go... :biggrin: