math/chem question

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The density of cobalt metal is 4.51 g/cm[SUP]3[/SUP]. Calculate the volume (in cm[SUP]3[/SUP]) of a piece of cobalt
weighing 8.32 g.

I know the answer but am not sure how many significant figures it would be. 1.84? or 1.8? haha it confuses me! like i know its 4.51g/1.??mL. ? being the amount of zeros.

cush2push

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The density of cobalt metal is 4.51 g/cm[SUP]3[/SUP]. Calculate the volume (in cm[SUP]3[/SUP]) of a piece of cobalt
weighing 8.32 g.

I know the answer but am not sure how many significant figures it would be. 1.84? or 1.8? haha it confuses me! like i know its 4.51g/1.??mL. ? being the amount of zeros.

In chem its usually 1.84 x 10 to the what ever power sig fig has to be between 1 and 9.99 if i remember correctly. Not sure i fully understand the question but this is what im reading at

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe significant figures would be 2 after the decimal. They both have two so you can be accurate to 2. If one only had one then you could only be accurate to 1.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe significant figures would be 2 after the decimal. They both have two so you can be accurate to 2. If one only had one then you could only be accurate to 1.
I see. Thats simple. :cus: im not a sig fig fan. :hail:Thank you for answering. :) you to cushtopush. :hail: