Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I didn't go through the entire thread so i'm it was said before but thank you for this.. reading your explanation filled in a few missing details in my understanding of OC and Set CPU use.

Much appreciated !

el_ote

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me any Widgets to show current CPU speed and battery temp?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Graikos

Reaction score
Wow.. I read all 61 pages. I don't think I have ever devoted so much time on a thread. What a mind dump! Skull, Great job and thank you for posting this. I think I may need to rest a while now. I hope some of it sinks in.

bodean

Reaction score
Is there a reason there is not much talk of interactive mode/kernels in this thread?

OP
Skull One

Skull One

Reaction score
Is there a reason there is not much talk of interactive mode/kernels in this thread?

I discussed the interactive governor back when it was first released. I am not a fan of it for the same reason I am not a fan of the performance governor. It draws too much power and creates too much heat on standard and increased voltage kernels. Especially if you clock over 800 Mhz. Now on low voltage kernels, my opinion changes slightly. Interactive is much better to use over performance. There is no doubt at all after the tests I ran.

Be aware, if your phone is in sleep/standby and an app wakes the phone but not the screen, both interactive and performance can and will drain your battery without you ever knowing it. I believe I even have a chart on it buried somewhere in this thread :)

missp64

Reaction score
dumb bell q

o.k. new rooter d1. liquid GB 1.1 1000 mhz kernel

setcpu set at max 800..... yet it shows it reaches 1000 at the top

it does this with frequency scaling not active or when active i have max on frequency scaling set at 800 max too...

still shows 1000 mgh being reached with in setcpu.

i have autodetect active and superuser was granted.

i thought setting a max would prevent the cpu from going over that max all the time..any insight is appreciated. charlie.

OP
Skull One

Skull One

Reaction score
o.k. new rooter d1. liquid GB 1.1 1000 mhz kernel

setcpu set at max 800..... yet it shows it reaches 1000 at the top

it does this with frequency scaling not active or when active i have max on frequency scaling set at 800 max too...

still shows 1000 mgh being reached with in setcpu.

i have autodetect active and superuser was granted.

i thought setting a max would prevent the cpu from going over that max all the time..any insight is appreciated. charlie.

Are profiles enabled? If so, one of them can override the Main screen profile.

missp64

Reaction score
CAP201102111124.jpg

CAP201102111058.jpg

OP
Skull One

Skull One

Reaction score
Now that is interesting. Go to the info tab and look at "Time in State". Are there all zeros next to the frequency slots? IF there are numbers, I want you to scroll the screen a few times and then go quickly back to that section and watch the 1000000 slot and see if the number increases.

OP
Skull One

Skull One

Reaction score
Your last snapshot shows slot 6 of your kernel at 410065. I believe that is an error. Which means you either need a reboot or a new kernel. Otherwise you are now in a area I have never seen or have a clue how to troubleshoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.