Master reset

blackterry

Reaction score
Talked to Verizon yesterday about my data dropping and of course they have no idea about any data dropping issues :blink:... Ya right. Anyway they want me to do a master reset which we all know isn't going to work whatsoever and I'll just flush hours away loading my apps back in. My question is can they tell if I actually do the master reset ?? I dont want to waste my time doing a meaningless reset..

fic1

Reaction score
Having same problem live in pittsburgh, I have done master reset and am on my second razr, still having same issues losing 3G and 4G. Called back they said they would open a ticket to check the area, I pay $30 a month and can't get data service all the time. Just to help out I found if you put airplane mode widget on home screen turn it on then off it will reconnect to data until it drops again

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Talked to Verizon yesterday about my data dropping and of course they have no idea about any data dropping issues :blink:... Ya right. Anyway they want me to do a master reset which we all know isn't going to work whatsoever and I'll just flush hours away loading my apps back in. My question is can they tell if I actually do the master reset ?? I dont want to waste my time doing a meaningless reset..
You're experiencing the same thing that most 4g phone owners on Verizon are experiencing...not just Razr owners. The airplane mode toggle works to reconnect data connection after it has been lost, but it is not a permanent fix. A technician can tell if a factory reset has been done. So, if you are anticipating an exchange or something like that for a new phone, then Verizon may not do that until they are sure you've done a Factory Reset and the problem has not been solved...and it won't be...factory reset does not fix the data disconnect issue. FYI....some users do a factory reset every month or so just to "clean" orphaned files, cache etc out of the phone and to get a clean install of apps etc.

fic1

Reaction score
data lost

I know that the airplane mode is not the fix but it get you connected until they resolve the problem. I do not know what this ticket that they are opening is all about but if it is not fixed I do not know what the next step is. I like the razr and really do not want any other phone. The maxx is coming out soon but it is the same except the battery. And the nexus does not have a memory card. What are we to do

jayb

Reaction score
I use an app called " restart connections " I like it better and it seems to work faster than using the airplane toggle. You might check that out. Plus I also have the LTE Switch on my home screen with the restart connections. Now I know this isnt a " fix " but it sure works quick and sometimes it helps as long as it's not an actual outage.

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
I even "unrooted" my RAZR to see if that would help.......no such luck. I'm going to call VZW tomorrow and see if there is anything else that can be done. It is ridiculous to pay $30/month for service that is virtually useless. :blink:

ddfuji

Reaction score
I know that the airplane mode is not the fix but it get you connected until they resolve the problem. I do not know what this ticket that they are opening is all about but if it is not fixed I do not know what the next step is. I like the razr and really do not want any other phone. The maxx is coming out soon but it is the same except the battery. And the nexus does not have a memory card. What are we to do

run around in circles and panic

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Fact is if you are working with the Verizon technical support over the phone, there is no way for them to be sure you've done a master reset, and frankly, all you need to do is tell them that you've already done all types of troubleshooting including the master reset and they'll authorize the replacement (as long as it is within the replacement warranty period). I know this because in several cases when my D1 and D2, and my wife's D1 had problems, I had done exactly this. Now, don't get me wrong...I DID do several resets but not in every case and with every phone that was being replaced. They'll take your word for it - especially if you sound technically savvy and seem like you may even know more about the phone than they do. Remember, they're working off of a computer with "answers" to common problems, and since they have to support ALL SORTS of phones sold by Verizon, there's not likely any one person that can know everything about every phone. They're more than happy to avoid all the research and dead-end results over the phone and simply authorize a refurb shipment (or new if within the 1st 14 days).