Market with Google Apps

gocs

Reaction score
Hi.

I use Google Apps as my account on my DROIDX. I went to buy an application and I got an error that my account does not support Google Checkout. Anyone know what is up with that and have any solutions to offer? TIA.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seems very odd. Have you looked at your Google account to verify that everything is correct especially the credit card info and date.

OP
G

gocs

Reaction score
That is part of what is so strange. I have used Google Checkout for other things with no issues. Haven't checked with Google yet.... will have to do that in the morning I guess.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did you look at your Google Checkout settings? Getting in touch the Google is often challenging.

OP
G

gocs

Reaction score
Oh, and I have checked the settings. Not that there are that many. But the credit card is unexpired ans everything else looks fine.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does it display your purchase history and are all of your past purchases displayed?

OP
G

gocs

Reaction score
Yep. And a quick review of the web shows several have had this problem. Suggested solutions include doing a factory reset on the phone. Found that last night after posting, but would still like a less drastic solution...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. And a quick review of the web shows several have had this problem. Suggested solutions include doing a factory reset on the phone. Found that last night after posting, but would still like a less drastic solution...

It might be possible that if the app is in another currency your bank may not support it, though I really kind of doubt that's what's going on. If it is in another currency, double check with the bank.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd clear market cache first. If that does not correct then do the factory reset but that seem rather dramatice to me.

Mike

OP
G

gocs

Reaction score
Well, the Google help is repleat with descriptions of this problem. I did do a factory reset (ugh) as a last resort, but it did not help. My Google Apps is not converted because I use Voice.

Wound up creating a new Google ID for my app purchases. Less than elegant, but functional.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, gocs. The resolution is definitely less than elegant. Hopefully, you posted your experience on the Google and/or other sites.

Mike