Market Place Manual Update?

truckbutt

Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question. What is involved in a Market App Manual Update?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question. What is involved in a Market App Manual Update?

Generally if someone is having problems accessing the Market you may see a file to download and install for your Droid. FRG22
d gave me this issue but an update fixed it. Well, most of it I still couldn't see flash.

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
I am referring to the fact that on some of the updates that are listed for my Apps in Marketplace it says that the update is manual. How do I do that?

harrellj

Reaction score
Click on that app in the listing and you can then click on update. Manual is because its not set to automatically update or a permission changed, requiring your approval.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
None of my apps are set to automatically update. I get notifications when updates are available. When I go into the marketplace some of the available updates are labeled "manual update" and others are not.

harrellj

Reaction score
Either way, its the same method, but they won't auto-update when they're marked as manual. And like I said, permissions changes could cause that too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ibebyi

Reaction score
there are a few scenarios in which this can happen but the most pertinent that I can think of is that you are using a pirated paid app registered to somebody else. In this case youre screwed and should probably buy the app.

In most other cases, this should not be considered a red flag, as updating should remain easy to do (you may have to navigate through a few more screens though)

OP
T

truckbutt

Reaction score
there are a few scenarios in which this can happen but the most pertinent that I can think of is that you are using a pirated paid app registered to somebody else. In this case youre screwed and should probably buy the app.

In most other cases, this should not be considered a red flag, as updating should remain easy to do (you may have to navigate through a few more screens though)
Wow! You should at least introduce yourself before accusing me of stealing an application. All my apps are legit.
It turns out whether they say Manual Update or not, they all install the same just by selecting them and saying OK.

ronjr123

Reaction score
On my downloads, ROM Manager is in a constant download loop that never finishes. When I try yo cancel it, the marketplace f/c.

Any ideas?

glienhard

Reaction score
Market app having problems

On my downloads, ROM Manager is in a constant download loop that never finishes. When I try yo cancel it, the marketplace f/c.

Any ideas?

Ahhhhhh-Ha!!! Someone else with my problem. I now have three apps that are stuck in this loop. All three say downloading until I download another update, then they jump to 100% and stay there....forever. Up to this point Motorola's answer has been do a factory reset. That is not a fix!! Does anyone have any insight?

glienhard

Reaction score
Well...After putting my fingers in my ears, stomping my feet and throwing a F-you fit, I finally got an answer out of Motorola. I got to tier-2 support and it so freaking simple. If you go into Settings -> Applications -> click the All tab at the top -> go down to Market -> click on Clear Data -> hit OK -> turn the phone off then back on. This cleared the database for the Market app and fixed the issue.

dancedroid

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I go into the marketplace some of the available updates are labeled "manual update" and others are not.

Same here. I'm sure it's something on the developer's end. I'm not concerned. I just update like in the pre-Froyo time.

SeanFromIT

Reaction score
Solved the downloads stuck in that loop by holding down on the item in the Downloads list and selecting cancel from there, rather than going into the download's details and pressing that cancel button.