Manually Update to 2.0.1

windstrings

Reaction score
I am using it on page plus cellulier.

Thats even more interesting... I"m pretty new to doing firmware updates to phones.. this is my first although I done computer stuff for years.

I wonder if its assumed the receiving phone will be on a Verizon network and the install crashes as it tires to setup settings as it tries to link and handshake with the Verizon network?

I don't know at which point in the install process the system becomes alive and tries to go to network.

I also don't know if the update is "only" for verizon customers... "I would think not"

Someone else will have to answer that!

Since Verizon is not likely to help you.. maybe you could contact Motorola support?

windstrings

Reaction score
I still can't edit on this goofy thread.....

Here is theier number:

Android-powered Smartphones

1-800-734-5870 Mon-Fri 7AM-10PM; Sat-Sun 9AM-6PM CST

jeff.essy

Reaction score
did you find out if you could switch back to 2.0?if so please tell how to do that

MdicnMan

Reaction score
did you find out if you could switch back to 2.0?if so please tell how to do that

No can do. Even if you could, it would be pushed to you again.

No reason not to upgrade regardless. 2.0.1 isn't perfect but it does fix a number of key things and doesn't seem to break anything.

Merry Christmas!
J

windstrings

Reaction score
if you install software again will it take root out?

I think I remember the answer to that is yes... but I don't know.

If I recall, it won't take the autoupdate, but if you forced it manually it would overwrite and become an unrooted phone.

This is just based on what "I think" I remember reading... somebody that knows will have to confirm or deny.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If you root 2.0.1 and do not block the OTA updates you will lose root when the next update is pushed....

jeff.essy

Reaction score
i installed this update again to unroot but the superuser permission is still on my phone.does that mean im still rooted?

rpk2012

Reaction score
I am having similar issues, but like this.

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
assart failed: apply_patch_check alarmclock.apk

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Can some one please help?

toastermax

Reaction score
I updated but i don't notice anything different, yes it opens a bit faster but none of the cool screens that the nexus one has. how do i get that?

jl3297

Reaction score
I updated but i don't notice anything different, yes it opens a bit faster but none of the cool screens that the nexus one has. how do i get that?

this is for the 2.0.1 update back in december, NOT the 2.1.0 update! it will be released soon according to google

mightym

Reaction score
Removing Gallery, alarm clock, news and weather add-on

How do uninstall these add ons that were available to download on this site. I dont want the phone to have an issue once the real update 2.1 goes live.