manual update problems...

sojersey05v

Reaction score
i downloaded the manual update to my Mac... plugged in the Droid to MAc.. drug the installed update to the droid folder...

i shut off the droid did the power and "x" button... followed by the volume up and camera... clicked install SD update update.zip then recieved this E: cant's open/ cache/recovery/command so one of the websites says you may get that message because server getting slammed.. but now what, sitll not updated, ive tried it a few more times, and still no OTA update... what do it do??

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i downloaded the manual update to my Mac... plugged in the Droid to MAc.. drug the installed update to the droid folder...

i shut off the droid did the power and "x" button... followed by the volume up and camera... clicked install SD update update.zip then recieved this E: cant's open/ cache/recovery/command so one of the websites says you may get that message because server getting slammed.. but now what, sitll not updated, ive tried it a few more times, and still no OTA update... what do it do??

What thread did you follow to d/l and install?

A link will help determine your problem

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're sure it's named update.zip not update.zip.zip right?

OP
S

sojersey05v

Reaction score
You're sure it's named update.zip not update.zip.zip right?

yes sir!
i was sure to follow directions 100%... and like i said it said somewhere in directions about error coming up, but just said to reboot, no answer as to what to do next..

so also ill ask you, how can i remove this update from my SD card also... so that i can possibly try again or hopefully OTA update

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
use a file manager (such as astro) to go in and delete it

OP
S

sojersey05v

Reaction score
ok just deleted it from phone using astro... so what to do now?

OP
S

sojersey05v

Reaction score
umm i want 2.2.... i rad somewhere on here about if you did manual update that you wouldnt receive the OTA update... well i did the manual, but it didnt work... so thats where im at now.. (now i just deleted the nonworking update from my SD... )

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you want 2.2 you either have to wait for the OTA or try to redownload the file and redo the process.

OP
S

sojersey05v

Reaction score
If you want 2.2 you either have to wait for the OTA or try to redownload the file and redo the process.

so now that i have deleted the update from my phone should i be receiving the OTA? (like they didnt skip over me? lol)

OP
S

sojersey05v

Reaction score
Thank you for your help... I'm dumb when it comes to these things, give me exotics cars and ill teach! Lol

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thank you for your help... I'm dumb when it comes to these things, give me exotics cars and ill teach! Lol

ill get you a rooted droid with whatever you want on it if i can have an exotic car :icon_ banana: