Error message when trying to re-root..

bd85ga

Reaction score
So I did the manual upgrade to the official 2.1 for droid...and my phone still had the superuser icon...so I figured ok im still rooted...so I download DM updater and to my surprise im not...so i download the root...reboot do the x power on/camera up volume apply update.zip and get this:

E: cannot open/cache/recovery/command

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: eocd marker occurs after start of eocd
E: signature verification failed
installation aborted.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you :unsure:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
So I did the manual upgrade to the official 2.1 for droid...and my phone still had the superuser icon...so I figured ok im still rooted...so I download DM updater and to my surprise im not...so i download the root...reboot do the x power on/camera up volume apply update.zip and get this:

E: cannot open/cache/recovery/command

--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E: eocd marker occurs after start of eocd
E: signature verification failed
installation aborted.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thank you :unsure:

Your only option to get root back is to flash the 2.0.1 sbf with rsdlite.root from there. Then if you want ESE81 you can use petes version with the recovery removed.

OP
B

bd85ga

Reaction score
thanks jstafford...could u break that down for me slightly...RSD lite seems to be a program for windows..I have a mac...am I screwed?

ben.holmes

Reaction score
Jstafford i rooted my phone just fine and then i had to update the phone software and now i am getting the same message as bd85ga. Is there an easy fix?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
thanks jstafford...could u break that down for me slightly...RSD lite seems to be a program for windows..I have a mac...am I screwed?

I am so sorry about not getting back to you sooner on this. I am not sure how to work it on a mac. Try this thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/24707-unroot-unbrick-your-phone-using-sbf.html and ask someone if there's a way to use it on a mac. Other than that I dont know what you can do. I am pretty sure there's a way to do it though.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Jstafford i rooted my phone just fine and then i had to update the phone software and now i am getting the same message as bd85ga. Is there an easy fix?

Ok need a little more info. What ROM were you running and what update did you use for the new software?

ben.holmes

Reaction score
I updated to 2.1 software. The kernal version is 2.6.29-omap1-g7fa8788 , android-build@apa26#1

ben.holmes

Reaction score
The other day i had rooted my phone just fine and i was using the wifi tether and then i charged over night and it wanted me to update the next morning and i did. Now i cant run the tethering program. But i still have the Superuser Permission app in all my apps.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
The other day i had rooted my phone just fine and i was using the wifi tether and then i charged over night and it wanted me to update the next morning and i did. Now i cant run the tethering program. But i still have the Superuser Permission app in all my apps.

What happened was you allowed the OTA to go through. That breaks root. You still have the SU app because the update is a system update and doesn't affect apps. It still shows up but doesn't work because you no longer have superuser permisions.

ben.holmes

Reaction score
So then how would I root again? Cause when I go to root it gives me an error message like at the beginning of this thread.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79