Make phone faster?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You usually just install a kernel right over top of the rom. Do not wipe anything. Remember always have a backup of your system incase anything goes wrong.

You can try comavolt but it is undervolted...so if your phone can handle it try another kernel.

Voodoo will give you true speed but can be a tad risky. I run voodoo, you just have to remember to disable lagfix properly if you want to install a non voodoo item or u will soft brick your phone. You will hear audio of a lady when you install a voodoo kernel or disable lagfix.

Also you can download the voltage control app so you can overclock the kernel if it can be...for extra speed. In voltage control keep states and limit clock to around 1200 or lower then hit menu and apply. I haven't messed with actual voltage in this app...just clock limit and states tab.

The Quadrant standard app will test your speed. 980 or so is stock speed. 1400 or so is overclocked voodoo.

sent from my rooted nook color

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry to overwhelm you with info. Here are screen shots of what my voltage control settings are. I am using OTB reloaded voodoo kernel
uploadfromtaptalk1305600589952.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1305600631964.jpg

Sent from my fascinate

OP
I

iloveworkingout

Reaction score
Other than speed, how can I make my phone look different?! Like no other fascinate?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can use a replacement home launcher from market and/or install a theme through red clockwork. Themes go over top of a rom without wiping. Themes are specific to the rom and rom version you are running. Dont install themes over themes. Check theme section here or on xda for screenshots and info. To remove a theme flash the original rom over top again without wiping. But remember the voodoo rules and always have a backup handy in case anything goes wrong.

Sent from my fascinate