Make phone faster?

iloveworkingout

Reaction score
Hey guys I had my phone rooted but kept running in to problems then put it back to stock. After that, I did the froyo update, and Im now on stock froyo. How can I make my phone run quicker? I see people's phones like this and theyre crazy! How do I do that? [video=youtube;6pfw2nngDjw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pfw2nngDjw]YouTube - My awesome Samsung Fascinate!!!![/video]

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting while a tad risky will unlock the true potential of your phone. You can remove bloatware. Change the theme. Add a custom Rom (custom Android Operating System). And speed up the system and improve battery with kernels.

Adding a Voodoo Kernel while even more risky, will make your phone about 60-70% faster IMO.

CC268

Reaction score
Its really not that risky, I've flashed so many different roms, kernels, etc...its pretty dam hard to brick your phone, i wouldn't even be worried about that if you wanna root your phone

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I had my phone rooted but kept running in to problems then put it back to stock. After that, I did the froyo update, and Im now on stock froyo. How can I make my phone run quicker? I see people's phones like this and theyre crazy! How do I do that? YouTube - My awesome Samsung Fascinate!!!!
Im gonna pump out some noobie videos this weekend and go through the whole process right up my current ROM/Kernel/Theme combo...

hopefully answer some questions...

Also, I have some pretty cool mod videos such as changing your status bar 3g symbols to 4g symbols etc...pretty cool...stay tuned....:)

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Hey guys I had my phone rooted but kept running in to problems then put it back to stock. After that, I did the froyo update, and Im now on stock froyo. How can I make my phone run quicker? I see people's phones like this and theyre crazy! How do I do that? YouTube - My awesome Samsung Fascinate!!!!
Im gonna pump out some noobie videos this weekend and go through the whole process right up my current ROM/Kernel/Theme combo...

hopefully answer some questions...

Also, I have some pretty cool mod videos such as changing your status bar 3g symbols to 4g symbols etc...pretty cool...stay tuned....:)

Can't to see the new videos. I finally got the paid version of launcher pro, this is by far, like you said the best launcher I've used. Don't think I will change to any other.

ED01 EVIL FASCINATION V 3.5.1
OTB-RELOADED v1.2 oc 1.3 mhz

OP
I

iloveworkingout

Reaction score
Ok so once I root, do I rom and do these kernals ED01 EVIL FASCINATION V 3.5.1
OTB-RELOADED v1.2 oc 1.3 mhz. How do I get those? Where to get them? And is flashing easy? Ill look thru that guide you posted!

OP
I

iloveworkingout

Reaction score
So is this all i do to root on a mac? Download and extract (v1.1 has device detection):
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Enable USB debugging and Stay awake under Settings > Applications > Development, leave the phone in the Development window
Plug your phone into your computer
Double click root.app inside the 1-click-root folder, confirm install (process should take about a minute)
When Superuser.apk is finished installing, reboot your phone
Close terminal

OP
I

iloveworkingout

Reaction score
Did the tutorial. It said reset adb and relogin? What does that mean.. And nothing happened after that!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not sure actually. Most of us have used the odin program on a pc to root here. I am unsure how the process works on the mac. They would know more over at android central about mac. Ill try to find the pc rooting link and post it.

Sent from my fascinate