Permanent Cwm?

brandenhs

Reaction score
I just upgraded from my Motorola Droid to the Fascinate. I followed the Newbie Guide to Rooting the Fascinate and I have a fully rooted stock FroYo. But I cant get Cwm to be permanent. I might be doing something wrong but I flash with Oden and get red cwm. I follow all the steps to flash update.zip and get an error Signature verification failed and not able to access sd card. I want to make a full backup and try Evil Fascination but Im stuck with blue CWM

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just upgraded from my Motorola Droid to the Fascinate. I followed the Newbie Guide to Rooting the Fascinate and I have a fully rooted stock FroYo. But I cant get Cwm to be permanent. I might be doing something wrong but I flash with Oden and get red cwm. I follow all the steps to flash update.zip and get an error Signature verification failed and not able to access sd card. I want to make a full backup and try Evil Fascination but Im stuck with blue CWM

Theres an update.zip on your sd card....when it goes to blue recovery select apply update.zip and it will boot into red CWMR

or go here and ODIN the newest 3.0+ CWMR there are 3 colors to choose from
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/sa...-11-red-voodoo-cwm-3-x-updated-4-24-11-a.html

OP
B

brandenhs

Reaction score
But do I have to do this every time to get into recovery? I can get theses to launch using Oden but once I boot the phone and then shut down it boots to blue stock recovery. If i try to apply the update.zip I get E:signature verification failed Installation aborted.

OP
B

brandenhs

Reaction score
Same problem here. How i install CWM successfully on Samsung Fascinate?
The only way I got around this error was to flash a custom kernel after booting into blue recovery then I flashed the orange recover And then I had CWM Every time. Not just when I loaded it with oden.

Last edited:

regkilla

Reaction score
The only way I got around this error was to flash a custom kernel after booting into blue recovery then I flashed the orange recover And then I had CWM Every time. Not just when I loaded it with oden.

I renamed a custom kernel to update.zip then i went to recovery from Rom Manager and it said Installation aborted. I'm still on stock recovery even though it said Clockworkmod recovery was installed successful in Rom Manager.

Last edited:

Markchip

Reaction score
So is it possible (and legal) to pay employees with just benefits(gas allowance, food allowance, yearly electronic budget, etc.), givSo is it possible (and legal) to pay employees with just benefits(gas allowance, food allowance, yearly electronic budget, etc.), given that the employees agree to it?en that the employees agree to it?

OP
B

brandenhs

Reaction score

I renamed a custom kernel to update.zip then i went to recovery from Rom Manager and it said Installation aborted. I'm still on stock recovery even though it said Clockworkmod recovery was installed successful in Rom Manager.

What I did was load cwm with Oden. Once loaded I turned off signature checks then flashed kernel by flash .zip not update.zip restarted phone. Then loaded Cwm with Oden again then flashed orange (or red?? Can't remember) Cwm.
Like I said I don't know if this the proper way to do it bit its the only way I could get it to take. I had nothing but problems with the stock rom/kernel so I figured if I brick it atleast it wont be usable. If its not usable its not pissing me off by missing all my calls and text.