Major market interfacing problem

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I am having a major issue with Market.
I at first thought it was my device root whatever, but I have proven that its neither.
What is happening is that first it takes about 3-5 minutes just to get the market to load.
Once it finally loads it takes another 3 minutes to load when I choose to go into downloads.

I then choose to install a app and it takes anywhere from 1-3 minutes to get the the next screen where it tells you what the install will effect (the ok button).
Then well a small download just sits there and says downloading for well I have seen 5-10 minutes and when it finally gets to the 100% it just sits there.

Finally it installs (also slowly) and when I go into the dock the app doesn't appear.

Now earlier i said that I proved that it was not the device, rooting, and I can add signal (I am on my wifi network with screaming signal) because I swopped out me device and tis happening to this one as well.
I am not rooted and well so so frustrated.

I would like to add that it is apparent that the system is bogged down.
When I need to type (like in the search window) the letters freeze or at times just aren't entered)

PLEASE does anyone have any solution to my issue, I have been trying everything from restoring, changing rom's (before the swop out), etc.

Thanks

Last edited:

DroidedMoto

Reaction score
I've had this issue before and it is frustrating . First off, are you running a custom ROM ?
Second, the Android Market does not run on Wi-Fi , it tuns off your network, so no matter your signal it will not change the speed in which your apps are Downloaded. If anything i've noticed a lag when browsing the market with Wi-fi on.. When I had this issue I did a complete System reset, wiped data and cache, then let it reboot, signed back in and it worked afterwards. Another thing to try is restoring a previous backup that I know is stable. Hope this may help...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
I've had this issue before and it is frustrating . First off, are you running a custom ROM ?
Second, the Android Market does not run on Wi-Fi , it tuns off your network, so no matter your signal it will not change the speed in which your apps are Downloaded. If anything i've noticed a lag when browsing the market with Wi-fi on.. When I had this issue I did a complete System reset, wiped data and cache, then let it reboot, signed back in and it worked afterwards. Another thing to try is restoring a previous backup that I know is stable. Hope this may help...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thank you for replying.
I have a replacement out of the box device so its not rooted, no custom rom's.
Its a clean restored (v2.1b1) out of he box but I can go and restore to factory, even though I kind a think it wont address my issue.
A lot of Activity Manage applications, Activity Android Market, or system not responding FC messages.
That is what makes me think the system is bogging down.
Also the sync icon i in the notification bar a lot too.
There is something I must be missing, its now been 30 minutes since I stated to download astro.
Status still downloading and moving in % like a snail.
Just found that when I install via astro file manager it to is VERY slow.
Just sits there saying installing, but it does finally install its just slower.

How do I find out what is running in the background because it seems to me that something is and using a major amount of resources.

Thanks...

Last edited:

Mikejl

Reaction score
Nomon,

You are aware that the Market is getting hammered because of all the Froyo 2.2 RC ROM activity right? There are many, many complaints of Market slowness all day.

Also, if you have the Sync icon, your replacement droid is trying to download all your apps and it is going to remain sluggish until it finishes. There are posts of this happening to people in the Froyo thread.

Mike

Last edited:
OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Nomon,

You are aware that the Market is getting hammered because of all the Froyo 2.2 RC ROM activity right? There are many, many complaints of Market slowness all day.

Mike

It wasn't officially released was it?

Anyway I hear someone hacked it for rooted devices.
My problem has been occurring for about 4 days now, and this is a different device over the 4 days.

Also even if I don't go into the market the device is VERY sluggish.
Very none responsive, like letter when i enter a word into a search window are delayed and or sometimes never appear.

The device is now a day old since when I entered my gmail info. do you think the sync would be running for 24 hours?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:

kirbnite

Reaction score
I have helped out a friend with FC issues with phone and phone freezing up. Phone had been replaced 3 times all having same issue.

I realized that each phone has 2 things in common.

1. Same G-mail account
2. Same Memory Card.

I chose to try a new gmail account and still same issue. So not #1.

Reformatted memory card after backing up everything on card. Presto, no more FC's and no more freezing up.

Issue was some how related to the memory card and maybe reformatting your card and putting pics and files manually back on after a reformat may resolve the issue.

Keep in mind, one of the first things your phone does on boot up is read the memory card and if the phone is getting errors we dont get an error message, but do get a fun slow and laggy experience.

Last edited:
OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
I have helped out a friend with FC issues with phone and phone freezing up. Phone had been replaced 3 times all having same issue.

I realized that each phone has 2 things in common.

1. Same G-mail account
2. Same Memory Card.

I chose to try a new gmail account and still same issue. So not #1.

Reformatted memory card after backing up everything on card. Presto, no more FC's and no more freezing up.

Issue was some how related to the memory card and maybe reformatting your card and putting pics and files manually back on after a reformat may resolve the issue.

Keep in mind, one of the first things your phone does on boot up is read the memory card and if the phone is getting errors we dont get an error message, but do get a fun slow and laggy experience.

Well first thank you for replying.
When I swopped my device out I formated a totally different 16g SDcard on my PC so I elimited the origianl card that I had in the previous device that was giving me this reason.

I can try it again or maybe I have to format it on the device?

Thanks