GPS problem

ssod

Reaction score
I have had my droid for 3 weeks and love it. The GPS was working great until I updated google maps. Now when I try to navigate, either the droid is "searching for GPS" or if it finally does start, it will lose the signal in a matter of minutes.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

OP
S

ssod

Reaction score
Yes I did.
I took it to the Verizon store and he suggested removing the battery, which I did to no avail

forkup

Reaction score
Uninstall reboot then see if gps works, if so reinstall maps. That will pin down the problem.

deere_x475guy

Reaction score
Make sure "Use wireless networks" is checked along with "Use GPS satelites" under settings > location and security > my location.

dwood

Reaction score
I have had my droid for 3 weeks and love it. The GPS was working great until I updated google maps. Now when I try to navigate, either the droid is "searching for GPS" or if it finally does start, it will lose the signal in a matter of minutes.

Mine did the exact same thing last night. After updating Google maps the GPS would not see or lock on to satellites. But since I updated in the morning and didn't try the GPS until evening . . . I didn't associate the two right away.

I pulled the battery, no help. Reflected on what had changed during the day and that is when I remembered the map update. Uninstalled it: the GPS immediately started working.

Waited a few hours, re-installed the map update. Now it is still working.

Good luck with yours!

DON

OP
S

ssod

Reaction score
As suggested by others, I did the same thing (uninstall/install) and now it works fine again

Thanks for your help!
Steve

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As suggested by others, I did the same thing (uninstall/install) and now it works fine again

Thanks for your help!
Steve

I love happy endings. See Steve there is no reason to visit a Verizon Store, we can fix it for you right here.;)

fox_91

Reaction score
I too have been having issues with Maps, since I have upgraded for version 4.1. If I uninstall 4.1 updates, Maps locks on quick and is accurate. However with 4.1 my GPS will work ok for a while, then says "searching for GPS" and sometimes it will lock onto a location near Chicago (I am in Columbus Ohio).

I have tried rebooting (which fixes it for a while), but the only thing that seems to be consistent and working well, is not upgrading the software, which is ok, but I always get bugged that there is a update for Maps. Anyone else getting weird locations for their GPS?