Lost Majority of Market Apps on Downloads List

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
I've successfully flashed SPRecovery, made a backup of my original setup, installed a vanilla rooted version of 2.1, then installed Insanely Clean ROM by InsaneNemesis and it went pretty well. VERY cool stuff playing with 2.2 features and having the power to do guilt-free backups.

But now when I go to the market, the majority of apps are gone from my list of downloaded applications, even paid apps. The only ones that are left are Maps, Facebook, and a few others. I still have all of my apps installed on the ROM image but its like my account lost all of the apps I previously downloaded. Please help.

My only thought is that when I installed the vanilla 2.1 (rooted), I had to activate the phone again and this possibly had something to do with it??

I pretty much followed the steps in this thread to the T:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try installing the market fix by bgill55 (found in Team Chaos section).

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
Thanks! I'll install their Froyo ROM and run the market fix. I don't see where I can run the script on its own.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It's an update.zip not script.

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
Yea, I'm installing the update.zip now. The d_restore script appears to be the thing I need to run.

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
I assume I can run any of these scripts from a Terminal right? Do I need the full path?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Terminal should be fine

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
Well its definitely not the d_restore script. Any idea off the top of your head what the market fix script is? I'm trying to poke around for the command.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If i were you I would reload your backup, turn on sync for a little while to make sure it syncs your app list, then switch to the new rom and apply the market fix.

krazyskott

Reaction score
My favorite find is my backup pro which is on the market. Every time i flash a new ROM I reinstall this app from the market and hit restore and it automaticly restores my saved set up. The only thing i really have to do is resubmit my widgets. simplest set up I have found.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Better yet Titanium Backup with the donate key

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
If i were you I would reload your backup, turn on sync for a little while to make sure it syncs your app list, then switch to the new rom and apply the market fix.

Will do. Do you know how to run the market fix?

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
Back on my original image. How long should it take to resync my apps with the market? I'm still only seeing a couple instead of the 30+ I have installed currently.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Bumping it up...not sure why on your original image not all your apps are showing up, they definately should.

OP
S

SteveONCSU

Reaction score
Bumping it up...not sure why on your original image not all your apps are showing up, they definately should.

I've gone backs and forths between 3 different images (original stock, Insanely Clean, and Team Chaos) trying to do things like clearing the cache for the Market (Settings>Applications....) and of course wiping the data/cache prior each time. In the 2.2 ROMs the Market does not list my normal apps as being installed but the original ROM still does. In all three, the 'Downloads' section is missing the majority of my apps.