Mail/Gmail issue

krazyeyezkilla

Reaction score
Whenever I reply to a gmail thread from my phone, it "splits" the thread into two when I see it on a computer later. (and it does the same thing for anyone else CC'd on my messages) This kind of defeats the purpose of using gmail.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whenever I reply to a gmail thread from my phone, it "splits" the thread into two when I see it on a computer later. (and it does the same thing for anyone else CC'd on my messages) This kind of defeats the purpose of using gmail.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thanks.

Maybe it's me because I feel dumber then usual today but what in the world do you mean by it splits the "thread" into two. And what exactly is a Gmail thread?

Gmail is email, it doesn't split into anything and looks the same on the computer as it does on my Droid.

Now a Google Voice message can be split into two, that I've seen. So are we talking about the same thing here?

OP
K

krazyeyezkilla

Reaction score
What I mean is that when you're viewing your Gmail inbox on a computer, even if there are 90 replies to a single subject line, it still only takes up one line on your screen. (Then you click on it and see all 90 replies together-- that's what I mean by "thread")

But let's say I reply to that discussion from my phone-- now it splits the thread into a new discussion, i.e., it takes up 2 lines on my screen when I view my inbox on a computer. Does that make sense?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What I mean is that when you're viewing your Gmail inbox on a computer, even if there are 90 replies to a single subject line, it still only takes up one line on your screen. (Then you click on it and see all 90 replies together-- that's what I mean by "thread")

But let's say I reply to that discussion from my phone-- now it splits the thread into a new discussion, i.e., it takes up 2 lines on my screen when I view my inbox on a computer. Does that make sense?

OK…I'm just more stupid today then usual.

You're right, that's exactly what it does. The only thing you can do about it is to go into your gmail and delete the previous conversations…..which you probably don't want to do.

It is a bit of a pains specially if someone throws a link in there You have to go back to the first post to reach any links.

The only remedy to this would be to go to www.gmail.com on your Droid and view the email there. it should look normal from that point of view.