Magenta line on the right side

Gremlin

Reaction score
So I have a Samsung G7 Edge and on the right side of the screen , like about 25% from the edge, I have a magenta or purple line that goes from top to bottom.

Bad screen? or heat issue?

any ideas?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Could be any number of failures. Often one line running down or across a screen is a result of one wire on the ribbon cable, or trace on the driver board no longer making electrical connection to the screen. It could also be a failed driver chip. It could even be an actual screen failure. I don't know for sure what caused the failure but it could have been heat or expansion of the battery, or it could simply be a natural failure.

OP
G

Gremlin

Reaction score
It sometimes appears. I did a factory reset thinking it might some software update or something. For the past 2 days it has not showed up.if it appears again will call verizon for replacement..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well, I'm pleased that the problem seems to be at least temporarily resolved. Software failures that create this type of symptom is very unusual. That doesn't mean it can't be the actual cause. Just the fact it's gone now is encouraging.

I hope it is gone for good.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk