LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt on any version

dl1762

Reaction score
Does this LTE OnOFF - HTC Thunderbolt on any version of it help or solve the battery drain problem.

bases1616

Reaction score
Yes, if you are not using the phone by updating apps, browsing the internet, downloading or streaming music then turn it to 3G. It definitely keeps the battery from draining as fast.

MTBryan

Reaction score
I keep mine on 3g most of the time. I find even Internet browsing is fine on 3g. I only fire up 4g when I want to download music or a movie or especially when I want to teather (PdaNet).

Sent from my TBolt.

tbradp

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the tbolt and 4g phones so please forgive my ignorance...4g is not available in my area so do I still have to turn it off or is it off by default? If I have to turn it off how do I do that? And could you share any additional battery saving tips?
Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

johnd09

Reaction score
I'm a newbie to the tbolt and 4g phones so please forgive my ignorance...4g is not available in my area so do I still have to turn it off or is it off by default? If I have to turn it off how do I do that? And could you share any additional battery saving tips?
Thanks

It comes turned on by default, get LTE on/off from the market and set it to cdma auto. This will lock it to 3g and turn the LTE radio off.

Sent from my BAMF'd 'bolt

clarc31

Reaction score
Don't need the app, its in settings under network type

tbradp

Reaction score
Thanks john...feel free to share any other tips you have.

corby

Reaction score
Battery defender app an juice defender app an when u don't need turn internet off an GPS off will save battery life almost double and use wifi as much as possible that also saves battery life for me

geoff5093

Reaction score
Battery defender app an juice defender app an when u don't need turn internet off an GPS off will save battery life almost double and use wifi as much as possible that also saves battery life for me

Or just disable "Enable always on mobile data" in settings