Lost Root upon update to 5.9.901 and have tried everything on here to get it back.

shikarr

Reaction score
Lost Root upon update to 5.9.901 and have tried everything on here to get it back. Previously was rooted and 4evrrooted. I got the previous update fine but this one dropped root and none of the standard stuff listed in the hack forums for 4evr root worked for me. Anyone else have this problem and solved it?

unbesorgt

Reaction score
You might want to try posting on the XDA forums. At this point it may require a new exploit which means bringing out the big guns.

foamman

Reaction score
I was Forever Rooted and updated to 901 and maintained root. My guess is your forever root failed when you did it or you're rooted and don't know it. What are you doing to test root?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Esimn78

Reaction score
I lost my root after the 5.5.893 update last week but some how kept the abilility to use the mobile hotspot for free, has anyone heard of this? Also i tried to root again using pete's root tools and it wouldnt let me how can i reroot or should i just wait for ice cream sandwich to come out and then try and reroot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jonsgirl

Reaction score
I had rooted my husbands and my own bionic using forever root. We both took the .893 OTA and neither lost root. Yesterday I installed the .901 on both phones (not OTA) and I kept root but he lost it. He still has the superuser app but is not truly rooted. He can still however still successfully use the previously hacked mobile hotspot. I tried getting root back using the 1 click exploit and forever root but both fail.

I've read through many forums and it seems to be about 50/50 as far as keeping/losing root. I know that I did the exact same thing to my phone that I did to his phone so it makes no sense to me that one kept root and one didn't. Everything is exactly the same... system, kernal, etc...

broosewee

Reaction score
Subbed. I think my boot.img is borked too. Can't power up normally without going into recovery. Any solutions to revert from 901?

reminon

Reaction score
Were both phones forever rooted before they were updated? Ive had full success each time I've updated, be it leaked or ota.

broosewee

Reaction score
My path was weird. I went from rooted 893 --> stock 886 --> unrooted 893 --> unrooted 901. Going into 901 unrooted was a mistake. Now trying to revert to complete stock is near impossible. Whenever I try to touch the boot.img or try any other recovery tool, it says something like "FAILED (command write failed (Unknown error))".
Like I said, I can still run 901 via recovery reboot but it's a nuisance and doesn't look good if/when I try to sell the device.http://www.google.com/search?q=bionic+901+FAILED+(command+write+failed+(Unknown+error))&hl=en

elstonlj

Reaction score
I did the "one click to get back on the update path: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/190111-one-click-get-back-upgrade-path.html" to 901 and I have no camera apps and don't have root anymore... I've been doing a lot of reading trying to figure out how to fix this (saying i need to go back to 886: but I am not sure how to do this, specifically) and could really use some help if someone has the time to give me some instructions.
I didn't 4everoot between updates (OP said to do 901 immediately after).

I was coming from kin3tx (was rooted and did a 43v3r root awhile back) when I did all of this, but ultimately want to have 901 and be on liberty or kin3tx... praise to you android devs/gods!

donzz

Reaction score
I did the "one click to get back on the update path: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/190111-one-click-get-back-upgrade-path.html" to 901 and I have no camera apps and don't have root anymore... I've been doing a lot of reading trying to figure out how to fix this (saying i need to go back to 886: but I am not sure how to do this, specifically) and could really use some help if someone has the time to give me some instructions.
I didn't 4everoot between updates (OP said to do 901 immediately after).

I was coming from kin3tx (was rooted and did a 43v3r root awhile back) when I did all of this, but ultimately want to have 901 and be on liberty or kin3tx... praise to you android devs/gods!
Follow this video it should get you back on the right path. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=brhkvKDlrns
w
ith option 1 in this opening threads software. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html

elstonlj

Reaction score

does this still work even though I'm already on .901? the OP says only for .886 and .893... I'm not in a great place now, but a usable place, and don't want it to get much much worse.
also, thanks for your help!

donzz

Reaction score
The only thing I can suggest is make a backup and then try it.