Lost droid, bought another from insurance, got old droid back

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by ilikemoneygreen, Oct 6, 2011.

1. ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +18
    So my options are do the rotten thing and keep my droid, deductible and then the money after i sell.
    Or do the right thing and send it back basically rendering my deductible lost thus losing money. o_O
    I hate it when it comes to Ethics/morals..... I have no choice really. For some reason don't want to go to hell I guess. :( losing money sucks though. Ill call VZ later on. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

2. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +216
    When this happened to me they told me to send the refurb phone back and they would refund my deductible..keep battery and sd card.

3. KeepItReal

KeepItReal Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You won't get anything back. The phone is on a permanent 'lost-stolen' list and can never be activated as a phone. And don't worry, you can turn it on. Use airplane mode and then turn on wifi and it's now the Droid equivalent if an iTouch! ! Use all the functions; multiple emails, market to download apps & games, mp3 player etc. if you call Asurion, they would say send the phone back; but they have no way of checking the phone exists even if you turn it on. Verizon will never be able to activate the device on the phone network.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

4. my2dogs

my2dogs New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're a nice person.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

5. shizumie

shizumie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It can be removed from lost/stolen list, and esn restored. So what did they tell you when you called?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

6. KeepItReal

KeepItReal Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Once the phone is reported lost, and you have the replacement from Asurion, that 'lost now found' phone is permanently on the lost stolen list. The ONLY time you can reactivate it is when you report it lost, do not send off for the insurance claim, and find it: then you can just long on to your My Verizon online and UN-LOSE (lol) it. The phone is now just a Droid version of an iTouch.

7. KeepItReal

KeepItReal Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Since the phone is not longer able to make calls or connect to the 3g cellular network, no one cares. You can use the phone on Wifi only and it's now the Droid equivalent of the iTouch!