found droid?

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
My advice is agreed with Post #10. Look for someone that is obviously family or other close relative on the phone contact list, and give them a call even if it's from your number. If you can't trust them to at least give the phone back to the original owner, well, then he shouldn't have the number in his contact list.

Verizon Wireless isnt' going to give the phone back to the guy that last had the phone registered. And as someone already mentioned it will have a bad ESN if it's reported. And if giving it to Verizon Wireless is the "right" thing to do, then I think that would have been the job of the manager of the motel that gave the phone away in the first place.

Additionally, who cares what happens to this missing Droid or the person who lost it? It could have some a-hole (like me!), or the nicest person in the world. It's still just a phone. Someone may have even learned a lesson from this.. don't leave your phone in a motel. Now they will keep up with their next phone better. Giving it to Verizon is not going to discount the phone's previous owner on a new phone, or credit his account with anything. But it is a positive thing that you guys all want to turn it in, I think that is credited to the CDMA network, because if we had swappable SIM card slots like phones on GSM there would more people just putting in their SIM and keeping it. It's too bad it took over 3 months for the previous owner to even have a chance at getting it back. Also I am not concerned with whether the person has insurance or not, or the strong possibility of the person having to use an older model phone as stated above, because that's a risk understood when you choose not to accept insurance. You keep up with your money right? Make sure it's in a safe place? Do that with your phone (your money). If you can't, it's a good idea to buy a phone within budget that allows for insurance.

Just a reminder to all that have not yet done this, it's a good idea to install Anti Droid Theft or some other GPS tracking software so at least while it's still on you can find it quickly. I don't use task killers but if you must use one on your droid be SURE you use a task killer with a priority system OR an ignore list. Make sure the priority of the programs you use to track your phone are of highest priority and never shut down or are always ignored when killing all tasks.

One more thing! If you can't get the owner for any reason or decide not to turn it in, you can always use it as a fancy MP3 player, remote control for your TiVo or wireless blu ray player, or your Windows Media Player wireless remote connected to your TV. Or whatever other crazy possible uses that you can do all without using it as a phone. Hell it even has two BRIGHT LEDs use it as a light. A 5MP camera. Paperweight. Ninja star. I'm sure there are some other good uses.

ionide

Reaction score
Verizon Wireless isnt' going to give the phone back to the guy that last had the phone registered.

Yes, they are going to do exactly that, actually.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

cloud12077

Reaction score
I agree with turning the phone on and calling someone that may be close to the owner.

Also you can check their call log and see if they have talked to someone multiple times. That might be another person to call if there is no family member.

illmatic636

Reaction score
Yep. The best thing to do is turn it in. Karma is a mo-fo and you may lose your D1 someday. Would be nice if the person who finds it, gets it back to you. Pay it forward! :)

ionide

Reaction score
I agree with turning the phone on and calling someone that may be close to the owner.

Also you can check their call log and see if they have talked to someone multiple times. That might be another person to call if there is no family member.
Or he could just take it to a direct verizon store and they will return it.

Seriously, that's the best thing to do rather than call someone in the phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk