Found a Droid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

disassemble

Reaction score
So... I found a Droid sitting outside my house. Looks nice and looks clean.

Its for verizon.. I already have my droid, can i return mine (its been less then 30 days) and then activate this one i found?

Can verizon track it or something? Can i give it back to the owner ?

Let me hear your opinions

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I would return it to VZW and hopefully they will get it back to it's owner..

Is there a Home number listed in it?

If it's lost then I will bet the owner has it blacklisted and the phone will be worthless.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes Verizon CAN trace that phone, if it is activated itself.....did you turn it on? See what the info in it says....I would I'm nosy lol

gnmitchell

Reaction score
Turn it into Verizon. It's not your's and i'm sure someone is pissed that they lost their phone.

RichStevenson

Reaction score
You should give it back to the owner. Wouldn't you like to have someone do that if it was yours? If you can't determine how to get in touch with the owner through their contacts, call VZW. I'm sure they can reach them with the esn.
But if you decide to keep it, chances are it won't work. When the owner reports it lost, it's blacklisted with VZW.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Call one of the contacts on the lost Droid you found and tell them you found the owners phone.

Calling VZW will also help find the rightful owner.

ntice

Reaction score
I have found cell phones in the past. I look in contacts for something that says 'home' or owner and call the person to return the phone! it's the only humane thing to do. If there is no info (ie the person did a remote wipe) verizon will know from the esin number or whatever it's called.

JCo352

Reaction score
I'm all for giving it back but who ever just left a DROID sitting outside someone else's house needs to be taught a lesson, if you get ahold of that person give them a spankin'

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well this seems pretty simple to me. If you lost your Droid, would you rather the person who finds it activate it for themselves or attempt to return it to you...?

rod

Reaction score
my vote goes to return it to vzw.

set it free! it was was meant to be, itll come back to you.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm all for giving it back but who ever just left a DROID sitting outside someone else's house needs to be taught a lesson, if you get ahold of that person give them a spankin'

Yeah but you never know what might've happened for them to lose it...some dude coulda got into a fight with his wife and just so happens she thew the Droid out the window when they drove by the OP's house lol who knows?

I would give it back personally...if it was my beloved Droid I would owe the OP a WHOLE lot and hug his neck if he returned....seriously

ci2019

Reaction score
Wow....I can't believe there would even be the thought process of keeping it without an effort to give it back. Gotta love this world sometimes. I hope that if I ever loose my phone, the majority of the folks that replied to this post find mine and not the OP.

bamaboy165

Reaction score
Yeah but you never know what might've happened for them to lose it...some dude coulda got into a fight with his wife and just so happens she thew the Droid out the window when they drove by the OP's house lol who knows?

That's a divorce :)

Status
Not open for further replies.