Lost droid, bought another from insurance, got old droid back

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
two months ago i lost my D1, a week after that i made a insurance claim. now i got a call from lost and found where i lost it and they had it. Im pretty sure verizon made the esn bad when i made the claim...so what do i do? Is their a way to say like hey, i found my phone?... but then my mind thinks that since i made the claim that it was lost (and it was for a good month and a half) that it would its fraud or something. If i tell them would they make me send the new one back?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
They will probably make you send it back..but my girl once lost hers then found it. She simply called them back and asked them to remove it from the lost list and they did.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup, just be honest - good things happen that way :)

Beka27

Reaction score
Yup, just be honest - good things happen that way :)

This happens all the time. Lost doesn't necessarily mean gone forever... sometimes just misplaced. When you call, tell them it was found. They should be able to accept either phone back. If your current refurb is already set-up and is working fine, you should be able to send the old phone back. As long as they get one or the other.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This happened to me nearly a week ago. I called VZW and he said, and I quote, "Use it or sell it for parts, and make a buck."

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Beka27

Reaction score
This happened to me nearly a week ago. I called VZW and he said, and I quote, "Use it or sell it for parts, and make a buck."

Hmmm... interesting. Did he specify what he meant by "use it"?

"Use it as a phone b/c the ESN is clean."

Or "Use it as a wifi device."

KeepItReal

Reaction score
The 'found' phone can now be used as a Droid version of an iTouch! You can factory reset, add a gmail and use it for email, mp3 player, use the Market for all the games and tools, etc. download and app that texts over wifi and it does everything but talk. Give it to a teen who just has a flip; give it to someone in the arm forces who is deployed to play games, email, etc.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm... interesting. Did he specify what he meant by "use it"?

"Use it as a phone b/c the ESN is clean."

Or "Use it as a wifi device."

He meant to use it for parts, or sell it for parts.

If you call and have Verizon remove it from the list it will be good to go. Shouldn't have to send either of them back honestly.

The insurance company puts it on the blacklist, and they will NOT remove it, ever.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I cant remember how much i paid but will i get my $50 to $100 back if i send it in? And not to sound like a big ignorant nerd, but can i turn it on? Lol, my mind tells me as soon as its on it will try to connect on the network, which would then put out a location....

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I cant remember how much i paid but will i get my $50 to $100 back if i send it in? And not to sound like a big ignorant nerd, but can i turn it on? Lol, my mind tells me as soon as its on it will try to connect on the network, which would then put out a location....

You can turn it on all you'd like, it just won't make/receive calls. Secondly, you paid a deductible. You won't get it back.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
So my options are do the rotten thing and keep my droid, deductible and then the money after i sell.
Or do the right thing and send it back basically rendering my deductible lost thus losing money. o_O
I hate it when it comes to Ethics/morals..... I have no choice really. For some reason don't want to go to hell I guess. :( losing money sucks though. Ill call VZ later on. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So my options are do the rotten thing and keep my droid, deductible and then the money after i sell.
Or do the right thing and send it back basically rendering my deductible lost thus losing money. o_O
I hate it when it comes to Ethics/morals..... I have no choice really. For some reason don't want to go to hell I guess. :( losing money sucks though. Ill call VZ later on. :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

When this happened to me they told me to send the refurb phone back and they would refund my deductible..keep battery and sd card.

KeepItReal

Reaction score
You won't get anything back. The phone is on a permanent 'lost-stolen' list and can never be activated as a phone. And don't worry, you can turn it on. Use airplane mode and then turn on wifi and it's now the Droid equivalent if an iTouch! ! Use all the functions; multiple emails, market to download apps & games, mp3 player etc. if you call Asurion, they would say send the phone back; but they have no way of checking the phone exists even if you turn it on. Verizon will never be able to activate the device on the phone network.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums