Loss of 3G signal...

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Also been experiencing this but I'm thinking it may have more to do with 4G rolling out as I've seen a drastic slowdown and signal issues on a verizon MiFi also

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I must correct a prior post. My son's DROID incredible is not having the 3G problem. He is still running Fro yo. (I added the space because the DROIDX keeps changing words on me.)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

FernBch

Reaction score
I, too, was experiencing loss of 3G. That has gone away since I flashed the pre-rooted 596 GB from TBH and then gone on to DarkSlideX. The radio was updated to 12p and I'm sure that has alot to do with it.

My DroidX Thrives on the DarkSlide!!

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I had the issue as stated in the OP as well.
Without any warning or notice my phone would lose all 3G connectivity and not switch to 1x essentially rendering my phone dead. No calls/notifications would come in nor could I access any data.

I tried a master reset and it did not fix the issue so VZW sent me out a CLNR about 3 weeks ago and the issue seems to have gone away.

I believe that something in the updating process from Froyo to GB went wrong.

MikeBTP

Reaction score
GB Update caused 3G issues

Here's a thread going on at the motorola forums regarding this issue. https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/426215#426215
It did start after the GB update but it seems to happen much less with me when I turn off Wi-Fi. Verizon and Motorola have been contacted about this by several people but it wouldn't hurt to add your names to their list to get some action on it.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Both of my X's have done that on the stock ROM. I am now on CM7 with no issues.

CM74DX

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
I am going to try an experiment. Might the battery mode be the culprit? Mine is set to nighttime saver and night time is when I lose it. I am going to try changing it to "Performance Mode" and see if that makes a difference.

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Battery mode makes no difference what-so-ever. Just a greedy evil phone service and an equally evil phone manufacturer. They get your money and throw you to the wolves!

stpitcher

Reaction score
New software

I've continued seeing this problem. I don't believe there's any 4G around my area, so that doesn't sound like the issue.

A week ago, I called Verizon Technical Support. He did a data reset for me... it has happened ONCE since then... perhaps 3-4 days... whereas, it had been happening more or less daily. So a possible fix there.

Yesterday, I checked system settings for software updates, and it had one. Still Andoid 2.3.3, but now "System Version" 4.5.602... was 597 or thereabouts. I assume perhaps this is a Motorola software update. I'm HOPING that this resolves the issue.

Fingers crossed.

- stp

cw801971

Reaction score
The.13p radio in 602 stopped mine. I couldn't run 596 because I kept loosing data and phone service after receiving a call.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
I also think its a capacity issue I started noticing this and lower speeds (80k vs 300k) on a verizon mifi and the phone about when the iphone and 4g get released onto the network.

cw801971

Reaction score
Wow 80-300k. I thought it was bad at my office. I get 350k down and 620 up in my office. I get close to 2.2m down and 620 up at home. But then again I bounce between 1x and 3g at work due to being in a valley.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
80k is a bit harsh but at least its better than comcrap.... (verizons latency continues to be good last I checked while comcast is as bad as flipping satellite connections)