Loss of 3G signal...

nissmo66

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing random loss and complete drop of 3g and cell signal since the GB update?

FernBch

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, not sure if it started around the same time as the GB updae or not. FWIW, I did not take the update, either.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
N

nissmo66

Reaction score
I am having the same issue, not sure if it started around the same time as the GB updae or not. FWIW, I did not take the update, either.

Yes, I'm not certain that it is the GB, as I did experience this problem before.

Will doing a data wipe erase all my apps?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes. It will erase everything except your SD card. Turn the phone off, hold the home and power buttons until a little ! appears. Release the buttons and hold the 2 volume keys to enter recovery. Choose data reset with the volume keys and select it with the power button. Also wipe your cache. Then reboot.

sent from my ApeX

CD95YJ

Reaction score
I don't know if a data wipe will do it, I've been seeing crappy coverage for almost a month now to where I had a strong signal before I'm rolling over to edge. It might be associated more with 3g and 4g being in the same area rather than gingerbread.

OP
N

nissmo66

Reaction score
I don't know if a data wipe will do it, I've been seeing crappy coverage for almost a month now to where I had a strong signal before I'm rolling over to edge. It might be associated more with 3g and 4g being in the same area rather than gingerbread.

I tend to agree....

FernBch

Reaction score
That could make sense. That's about the same timeframe that I have noticed it, too.

beerpressure

Reaction score
I'm getting the same problem. Started yesterday for me. Low bars, 3g dropping out, lost calls.

I've had the GB leak for a long time and it just started happening.

beerpressure

Reaction score
Now I took a drive to the grocery store 3 miles away. PERFECT 3g service.

When I got back into my neighborhood it was back to no 3g or any service at all.

WTF

stpitcher

Reaction score
Reboot

I too am seeing this... and I've been wondering if it started with GB.

For me, 3G and 1X both go away.. i.e. no data service. And the remaining bars tend to be very low.

I take this occasion to reboot, and that seems to resolve the problem.

Some people recommend rebooting daily. To me that sounds like a very immature operating system... Reminds me of Windows 95/98. The Linux Kernel is VERY mature, but it seems that something in Android isn't. They've got a memory leak, or something wrong.

Hope it gets resolved.

- stp

PhotoMaster

Reaction score
Same here with my DX and GB. My son has the Incredible running Froyo and I think he is seeing the drop too.

cccmhhh

Reaction score
Same boat

Mine has been doing the same as well. I have to restart the phone 3x a day. This phone has gone from an absolute pleasure to a P.O.S. I cant talk on the phone and use my navigation anymore either. JUNK!

Last edited:

rocket_girl

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing random loss and complete drop of 3g and cell signal since the GB update?

Experiencing this, yes...but started before update to GB. Service drops from 3G to 1X...usually in the evening. Seems like more of a system capacity issue than a phone OS issue.... Keep thinking it must be all those iPhones :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using DroidForums