looking for something new

OP
stillwaiting

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Cm7 is based on the gb ota update or on the gb leak? Still bugs on cm7? Apex is better?

Enviado desde mi DROID2 GLOBAL usando Tapatalk

im not sure i installed apex a little while ago and it is a very nice rom i would have to rate it up there with cm7 and liberty but the only problem i have found is that the camera is messed up

hgrimberg

Reaction score
im not sure i installed apex a little while ago and it is a very nice rom i would have to rate it up there with cm7 and liberty but the only problem i have found is that the camera is messed up

Ok, so you tried both apex and cm7. Which one you like the most?

Feudalplague

Reaction score
if you dont care for GB or even if you do HeXen is always a good one. great customization etc. but i dont know if its out for GB yet im got a new D2G due to pixel issues and am on Froyo with HeXen. im honestly still on froyo with Hexen because im not a big fan of not being able to do a free hotspot. so i like HeXen but the others that have been mentions are good as well

Jonas

Reaction score
Until I royally ruined my D2G last night with a stupid system mod, I was running the froyo version of CM7, and loved it. I could not find any bugs that were mentionable. Just a few tiny ones here and there, that didn't matter to me. I had to SBF back to box status, and I am now in the process of rooting my D2G as we speak, and putting CM7 back on there. I have used Liberty also, and the lack of sensors just killed an otherwise brilliant rom in my opinion. I have not tried GB, but I haven't heard fantastic reviews for it, so I haven't tried it. I would recommend both Liberty and CM7.

OP
stillwaiting

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Ok, so you tried both apex and cm7. Which one you like the most?

probably cm7 because it has so many different themes and whatnot to it

hgrimberg

Reaction score
probably cm7 because it has so many different themes and whatnot to it

Well, but so far, cm7 has so many bugs that it is not ok for an everyday usage, right? We still have to wait for the final cm7, specially for the ones that are using the D2G on GSM. Am I right?

Jonas

Reaction score
Well, but so far, cm7 has so many bugs that it is not ok for an everyday usage, right? We still have to wait for the final cm7, specially for the ones that are using the D2G on GSM. Am I right?

Yes, and no. I am currently running the froyo version of CM7, and theres not any major bugs that I have come across. The GB version is still a BETA version, so it's not ready to be a "Daily Driver". The Froyo version is my daily rom, and I love it. Now, keep in mind, you will have to be on froyo to flash this rom over. I like it because I have not come across a version of GB, modded or not, that I liked, so Froyo has been working fantastic for me. If you are comfortable with RSD Lite, the a simple SBF back to Froyo will allow your phone to run the CM7 version meant for Froyo. The link for the Froyo version can be found here, at post #5. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-d2g/170532-cm7-help.html

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

OP
stillwaiting

stillwaiting

Reaction score
Yes, and no. I am currently running the froyo version of CM7, and theres not any major bugs that I have come across. The GB version is still a BETA version, so it's not ready to be a "Daily Driver". The Froyo version is my daily rom, and I love it. Now, keep in mind, you will have to be on froyo to flash this rom over. I like it because I have not come across a version of GB, modded or not, that I liked, so Froyo has been working fantastic for me. If you are comfortable with RSD Lite, the a simple SBF back to Froyo will allow your phone to run the CM7 version meant for Froyo. The link for the Froyo version can be found here, at post #5. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod-d2g/170532-cm7-help.html
Let me know if you have anymore questions.

what kind of battery life are you getting with that?

Jonas

Reaction score
what kind of battery life are you getting with that?

I am getting great battery life, but I am using a brand new battery I bought from amazon for like $4. To give you an idea, its not uncommon for me to send/receive a thousand texts a day, and I still have bettery left over after the day is over. So my screen is on and off a lot during the day. But if I'm messing with my roms, or surfing the internet all day with wifi, something that keeps the screen and wifi on for long amounts of time, it tends to last me until about dinner time. I'm not sure on the actual hours of use. Hope that helps.

OP
stillwaiting

stillwaiting

Reaction score
ya im runnning apex with 300 max and im not comming close to that battery life

Jonas

Reaction score
ya im runnning apex with 300 max and im not comming close to that battery life
Keep in mind my battery is less than a month old, so I have exceptionally high battery life right now. I don't know how old yours is, nor have I used apex, so I cannot weigh in on what your results are going to be compared to what mine are.