BEST GB ROM for the D2

SDCA_DUDE

Reaction score
So I was on ZombieStomped for a while, and then development ended. I moved to Fission, and then development ended. I'm on Liberty GB ROM (v0.9 now), but development for the d2 has been very quite. There are a number of bugs with Liberty 0.9 (FCs, freezes, reboots, etc.). So I'm trying to figure out what's best to move forward.

Criteria:
- Prefer GB
- Prefer something that has regular updates (or has a responsive development team pushing fixes)
- Good with providing donation/support for ROM
- Don't need lots of bells/whistles - just want something with fewer bugs, fcs, reboots, etc.
- Not crazy about Blur/bloatware (seems to regularly freeze up, unresponsive)
- Considering CM7-GB, jakebites, liquid

What do you recommend?

jwezesa

Reaction score
Liquid and cm7 are similar. Miui is very unique UI and apex rc3 which I have never flashed but from what I've read is more everyday user friendly. Not as many customization options as the others. If you are concerned about battery life I've found that liquid is best. Miui would be next and cm7 has the worst battery life. I can't comment on apex but I heard it gets awesome life. This is all from my experience.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

xm0067

Reaction score
Liquid and cm7 are similar. Miui is very unique UI and apex rc3 which I have never flashed but from what I've read is more everyday user friendly. Not as many customization options as the others. If you are concerned about battery life I've found that liquid is best. Miui would be next and cm7 has the worst battery life. I can't comment on apex but I heard it gets awesome life. This is all from my experience.

On Apex I get 20+ hours per day with light usage. I will leave it on in my pocket for 8 hours and ill come back with it at 80ish percent (dropping from 95ish). It boots fast and is just a lovely ROM. Not much customization though.. which is okay with me. I'm good without having to configure ever little stich (I wish it had a bit more though)

Sent from my ApeX-ed, Overclocked, and Automated DROID 2

slimpirudude

Reaction score
I'm on liquid 3. 0 at the moment and although its better batt life than cm or miui, its not great.. sounds like I should check out apex! Wish you could use the theme chooser themes with it then is be set. Although liquids batt life isn't great, its customization is by far best out if any Rom I've used.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
just to throw in my two cents i love miui... it operates like cm7 (since that's what it's based on) but has a very polished look and doesn't require a lot of bells and whistles on ur part as the user.

However on terms of regular updates we've been struggling lately lol, gotta keep an eye on rootwikis for the newest updates. We're currently on 1.10.11

Bassaholic33

Reaction score
Im getting insane battery life with new LibertyD2 3 RC1.1. Its fast and smooth to boot. 1% Battery working. Customizing is not what Im used to with other Liberty ROMS.

jwezesa

Reaction score
Im getting insane battery life with new LibertyD2 3 RC1.1. Its fast and smooth to boot. 1% Battery working. Customizing is not what Im used to with other Liberty ROMS.

I'm actually glad there is not much to customize. I never stopped messing with and changing everything basically everyday with the other roms. Its a nice change to just use the phone and not have it on the charger every 10 hours. Btw. I'm on 39 hours with 10% battery left!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does liberty 3 have the theme chooser? I didn't see it and that was the main reason I had to go back. I like my ics theme too much!

Cstryon

Reaction score
Does liberty 3 have the theme chooser? I didn't see it and that was the main reason I had to go back. I like my ics theme too much!

I'm on Liberty 3 and there is no theme chooser. Or themes for that matter. Things I miss are lock screen customizations and theme choosing. But liberty wins in my book! Missed the eagle ride!

fragdrum

Reaction score

The release I saw said it was kinda bare bones right now, no themes, less customization, etc, because its still just a release candidate. They said once its finalized it'll have the usual stuff.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums