Looking for an app

jigsawkilr

Reaction score
Im looking for an app (besides astro) that will let you back up all your apps. I heard of one that will back up your apps then you can wipe the phone and then reinstall the app from the market and restore your apps. Anyone know of any? Or what it is?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
mybackup pro
sprite backup
titanium backup (if rooted)

I only use Astro but have seen many comment that they like titanium.

Astro will let you wipe the phone and do the same. The backups are on your card. Your settings are lost though, its like a fresh install of the apps.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Im looking for an app (besides astro) that will let you back up all your apps. I heard of one that will back up your apps then you can wipe the phone and then reinstall the app from the market and restore your apps. Anyone know of any? Or what it is?

You might be referring to Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain. It's a web-based service that tracks the apps on your phone. You can then restore them from the list it maintains. Consists of both the internet app at the website and a single app that sits on your phone.

As the description above suggests, it doesn't actually "back up" your apps. It tracks what is on your phone and simplifies reinstalling them. It also bears noting that if you have downloaded applications from sources other than the Market, it cannot track them.

Cyrus6001

Reaction score
i use my backup pro. it backs up all apps and data including texts call log....
saves it to ur sd card. i use it every time i change roms and never lose a bit of data. really a great program. well worth the $3