Backed-up apps not showing up after hard reset

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
So last week I did a hard rest on my Droid. Before doing it I backed up all my apps to my SD using Astro. Well I reinstalled them and now when I go to the market it doesn't show apps that I had backed-up and reinstalled as being installed at all. Only ones that show up are ones I downloaded after and purchased apps. Is it a big deal??? Will I still get update notices???

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
So last week I did a hard rest on my Droid. Before doing it I backed up all my apps to my SD using Astro. Well I reinstalled them and now when I go to the market it doesn't show apps that I had backed-up and reinstalled as being installed at all. Only ones that show up are ones I downloaded after and purchased apps. Is it a big deal??? Will I still get update notices???

if they dont show in the market as installed then no you wont get update notices

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Guess backing them up was a waste of time then.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont know, it's weird how it works...I've gone from Bugless Beast 0.9 to Bugless Beast 1.0, to Bugless Beast 1.1 and for whatever reason my apps download automatically after I install the new rom (both free and purchased apps). I don't know if it's some setting on my phone or what, but once I install the ROM i'll notice the sync icon in my notification bar and then after some time a notifcation that says "83 apps restored"(or whatever number of apps I have) and then they'll all be back in the market. I never tried Astro or Titanium Back up though, so i really don't know if it's some setting your missing..