Little help keeping my battery life?

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Can someone tell me if I am using too many apps/widgets or whatever, because it seems like my battery is not lasting as long as it should.

I read posts about people playing pandora or streaming radio all day... If I do that my droid is caked by 1:00 pm!!!!

Are there Apps out there that would allow me to save some more battery?

Screenshot.jpg

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Anyone?!?!?!?
Still not able to perfrom great functions like listening to music without KILLING my battery like WOAH!!!

tktouch12

Reaction score
your biggest enemy is your screen. keeping it off as much as possible will automatically help.
go to settings, about phone, battery use and see what is using the most battery

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
go into your phone settings > about phone > battery use to see what's consuming your battery. if widgets are the cause it'll show up there. If its Pandora you'll see it there... etc

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
If you are rooted and install setcpu you can set your processor down to 125MHz during sleep mode and my battery lasted for two days which was unheard of before and i use my phone often. I also have it maxed to 600MHz when not in sleep mode and it runs a lot smoother.

OP
N

NastyNate08

Reaction score
Ok,
So tomorrow I want to post the use of my cell phone, Today is not a good example... I had a lot of issues with work today so my battery has been consumed by phone calls...

But is this scenario unusual?
I got to work at 8:00 a.m. My phone was completely charged at 7:00 a.m. by 3:00 pm I played a total of 17 songs through my CPU speakers, Got off work at 5:00 pm made a 30 minute phone call on the way home to work and by the time I got home at 6:30 pm.... Battery DEAD!!!

ShowTime

Reaction score
I would say yes, that seems unusual. I didn't have to work today so slept in, but I got up at noon with my battery at 40% I believe (forgot to plug it in before going to bed). Since then I've listened to roughly 25min of Pandora, sent/received 30+ texts, 40+ min of voice calls and surfed Facebook for roughly 15min... and my battery is at 20%. Granted I have no widgets running and only have 6 downloaded apps, none of which run constantly. But it still seems like yours is draining fast. Might want to check the basics; turn wifi off, bluetooth off, decrease screen brightness...

SG181

Reaction score
Might be the widgets on your home screen. I had an RSS feed of ESPN on mine awhile back, and it ate through the battery incredibly fast, even when I had the phone on standby.

daftlush

Reaction score
Screebl is the greatest app on the market. I don't know what I would do without it. The fact that it didn't win ADC2 is outrageous. Definitely get it. The free one is just as good, but I really wanted to give the Devs money so I paid for it on all my phones. Set your screen to go off immediately and turn on movement detection. PASS IT ON!

K

kkwan77

Mine is 40% Display.

Any way to tweak this? I already have the screen brightness down to the lowest possible setting and timing out after 30 secs.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You should get more battery life than you are. Something is amiss.

M

Matth3w

If you are rooted and install setcpu you can set your processor down to 125MHz during sleep mode and my battery lasted for two days which was unheard of before and i use my phone often. I also have it maxed to 600MHz when not in sleep mode and it runs a lot smoother.
Holy crap...a couple of questions...

1) Can you run 600 constant without killing the phone?

2) When it is 125, is it slow to wake up then when you use it? And when you mean sleep mode, do you just mean without the screen on?

If both questions are positive answers, I might root tonight or tomorrow just for this reason.

I am not having as bad of problems as the OP, but I would definitely like it to last longer.

To the OP, what does your battery monitor tell you is using the most battery?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Holy crap...a couple of questions...

1) Can you run 600 constant without killing the phone?

2) When it is 125, is it slow to wake up then when you use it? And when you mean sleep mode, do you just mean without the screen on?

If both questions are positive answers, I might root tonight or tomorrow just for this reason.

I am not having as bad of problems as the OP, but I would definitely like it to last longer.

To the OP, what does your battery monitor tell you is using the most battery?
Matt have you seen this http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/18166-super-overclocking-droid-alldroid.html ?
Apparently the Droid has been pushed as far as 1.1gHz and still running :)